MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 17th, 2002, 05:36 PM

Angry microstudio v2.312 w/win xp

I was using this software on my machine for the past 6 months or so with absolutely no problems, and no COASTERS! until.... i got the brite idea to convert my win 98 second edition machine to win xp professional. Now I can't burn. when i use the play tab the swiping slowly gets behind the music. I only saw this problem once with the old operating system. I don't think theres a problem with the importing. I did sucessfully burn the first disc I tried. It had only 5 tracks, and even though on playback the graphics swiped slowly, I did verify with my pioneer twin disc that the disc works perfectly. The disc I'm trying to do now is 12 tracks and it keeps crapping out about 64 % leaving me with coasters. Now My mom bought me a lovely set of coasters for my table, I don't need any more!!! Please someone help me fix this problem fast. The error message I get reads as follows:

Error: 'WRITE" command failed on device 1:1:0
Illegal Command Request
(04h 00h 02h 05h 24h 00h)

Also the whole properties tab for cd players has changed on xp. I don't have the normal options to click like data sync transer, auto insert notification, etc. the autoplay doesnt seem to work. Even though MTU says you don't have to have it turned off, I find it irritating that every time I put a new Sound Choice disc in to extract a song I get that stupid auto run popping up. Under autoplay in the properties section of my Burners I checked all the different file types to 'Take No Action' and rebooted and it still is popping up that auto run? What's up with that? What am I doing wrong?

If anybody can help me please email me at doug@moonlightentertainment.com

Thank you

Doug
Old March 17th, 2002, 05:52 PM

by the way I loaded all the proper aspi drivers than MTU told me to. Before that I couldnt even get the program to start.
Old March 17th, 2002, 06:43 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Microstudio 2.312 doesn't run under XP, but 2.315 does

Your problem is trying to run 2.312 on XP. It's not designed for it. 2.315 is, and will run under XP correctly.

If you bought since December 24th, your download email link will now give you 2.315 for free.

If you purchased prior to 12/24/01, you need to purchase the upgrade to receive the new link.