MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 11th, 2007, 02:25 PM

Question Vogone 3106setup.exe

I received e-mail this date, from MTU, for free upgraded to Vogone 3106.
I still need the registration code. Do you have my e-mail address, or do I need to show it here?
Old July 11th, 2007, 03:51 PM

Vogone 3.106 Upgrade msg response

The following information can be found at http://www.mtu.com/support/customer-support.htm. If you are still unable to clear this up, follow the directions to submit a support ticket.

Your Registration Codes Are In Your Store Account

1. Go to your Store Account at http://www.mtu.com/catalog/index.php.
2. Log-in with your email address and Password. If you don't remember your Password, click the Sign In button anyway. In the page that appears, click the Password Forgotten? Click here. link. This will CHANGE your password for your security (we cannot see your Password as it is encrypted), and will immediately email you the new password. Wait for this email, looking in your Span or Junk folder if it does not appear immediately. Without this, you cannot get into your Account. If you don't receive the email, please don't ask us. There is nothing we can do. Contact your Email Service Provider and have them put "@mtu.com" in their APPROVED LIST so you will receive our Store email's. You can click the Password Forgotten? Click here. link again and it will change your Password and send it again.
3. In the left column, click Show My Orders.
4. Find the order number for the software you need your Registration Code for.
5. Click the VIEW button beside the order. If you don't remember the order number, click the VIEW button beside each order until you find it.
6. Once you find the order, scroll to the bottom to find your Registration Code.
Old July 11th, 2007, 04:59 PM
Administrator

If you have bought version 3.1xx or later Vogone, you can download the 3.316 version free. In this case, as KLCox states above, your Registration Code is in your store under the order where your bought Vogone.

If you have never bought Vogone, then you received this email in error. You would need to purchase the full version.

If you have bought Vogone version 3.004 or prior, and did not receive an email with a discount coupon, then create a Support Ticket and give us who you are, the email you purchased with, and what version of Vogone you are running. We will send you the discount offer, good through July 31, 2007.
Old July 13th, 2007, 11:23 PM

Vogone 3.16 purchase

I just purchased a Vogone upgrade and received the confirmation, but when I logged in to download it, there are no download buttons or registration code so I have no way to download it. I got into my account, clicked on "View my Orders", clicked on the Vogone order I just placed and the information is there, but nothing to download. Please Help!
Old July 14th, 2007, 12:28 AM
Super Moderator

You should receive an email with your confirmation and link to download the program. I am not sure whether it is automatic or manually sent as I haven't ordered in a while so don't know how long it takes.

If you don't get anything by tomorrow submit a support ticket.
Old July 14th, 2007, 12:43 AM

Vogone 3.16 purchase

I had the exact same set of curcumstances as Harmonee. I did receive an email with the purchase confirmation and link to download the program. I used the link and followed the instructions exactly to view the order. The problem is 1) there is no link to the download anywhere in the order, 2) there is no registration number noted on the order. Please Advise.
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:45 AM
Super Moderator

Submit a support ticket, but they don't work on the weekends so it may be Monday before they can fix it.
Old July 14th, 2007, 06:58 PM

The download and registration number appeared today on the order, so that problem is fixed. I've downloaded and installed sucessfully. Now a new problem: The Vogone 3.106 display is larger than my screen (it continues off the edge). I'm unable to reduce the Vogone display to fit onto one screen. Monitor resolution is 1024 x 768 - which is the suggested res for my system. All other program displays fit, including the prior Vogone 2 version. Please Advise...thanks!
Old July 14th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgill View Post
The download and registration number appeared today on the order, so that problem is fixed. I've downloaded and installed sucessfully.
That is correct for everyone. There was a random error that showed up for only a few orders. It was fixed last night. Visit your store order again, and you should now see your Download link and RegCode.

Quote:
Now a new problem: The Vogone 3.106 display is larger than my screen (it continues off the edge). I'm unable to reduce the Vogone display to fit onto one screen. Monitor resolution is 1024 x 768 - which is the suggested res for my system. All other program displays fit, including the prior Vogone 2 version. Please Advise...thanks!
I'm confused. I just verified my screen res is 1024x768 and ran Vogone. It all fits on the base screen. It does go to the edges, but it fits. Do you have something else taking up part of the screen width?

If not, please verify your Screen Resolution again and post back here.

What Windows OS are you running? Please make sure you are fully updated... using CUSTOM... as described in this FAQ page. If you use the standard Windows Update, you are NOT fully updated, and ofter this type of weird problem happens with that.
Old July 15th, 2007, 11:45 PM

Verified resolution is 1024x768. Running Windows XP S-Pack 2. ALL critical and non-critical updates loaded.
When the Vogone display screen is aligned to the upper left corner of the monitor screen, the furthest visible item on the right side of the screen is the word "High" next to the green HIGH arrow. Everything to the right of that (the output level meter and 'Save Output File' button) are off the screen.
Vertically, the "Exit" button on the bottom is off-screen and not visible.
The only way I can move horizontally off screen is to click and drag the blue Vogone bar at the top - to the left or right. I can't move vertically at all, nor resize the screen. Please advise, & thanks.
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Verified resolution is 1024x768. Running Windows XP S-Pack 2. ALL critical and non-critical updates loaded.
When the Vogone display screen is aligned to the upper left corner of the monitor screen, the furthest visible item on the right side of the screen is the word "High" next to the green HIGH arrow. Everything to the right of that (the output level meter and 'Save Output File' button) are off the screen.
Vertically, the "Exit" button on the bottom is off-screen and not visible.
The only way I can move horizontally off screen is to click and drag the blue Vogone bar at the top - to the left or right. I can't move vertically at all, nor resize the screen. Please advise, & thanks.
jgill, we're stumped!

We tried expanding all screen items, such as menu bar, 3d objects, etc. that we have control over, still at 1024x768, and we still see the entire screen on the display. The only time we didn't see the full Vogone screen was when we shift res to 600x800.

We believe... there is something about your "Windows user setup" that we are at the mercy of when displaying our dialogs.

QUESTION #1: Do you have any other MTU products, and if so do their screens show the same problem? For example Microstudio 4.001 has a wide screen too.

QUESTION #2: Do any other non-MTU programs you have grow off your screen, but not other computers? We're digging here to see whether there is some unique "build parameter" in Windows DevStudio that we may not be setting correctly.

Problem is, you are the only person reporting this. If we had others, we'd have a larger population to diagnose with.
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:35 PM

Q1 Response: I have an earlier version of Vogone (2.104) that fits fine onto one screen (acutally, its smaller than full-screen size).

Q2: I have no other non-MTU programs that grow off the screen. This is the only one doing this.

Is there no way to re-size the Vog3 display??
Old July 17th, 2007, 08:45 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Is there no way to re-size the Vog3 display??
No there is not. We can't really shrink the size without impacting the useability of the product. If we did, you still have a horizontal scroll bar to get to the rightmost components, which is what you now have... no change.

Again, we have spent time and can't re-create your situation.

Please create a Support Ticket where our support manager can answer you. This requires some diagnosing of what is different on your system. If we can determine this, we may be able to prevent the problem in the future for others. I hope you will work with us to identify the cause.
Old July 20th, 2007, 11:29 AM

I get the same situation using 800x600 resolution, my day to day setting.

Using 1024x768 there is no problem, so if manual resizing is out of the question, I see no real inconvenience in taking a few seconds to change the resolution to accomodate the program, then returning to my normal setting when done.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old July 20th, 2007, 12:41 PM

Vogone set-up

This really stinks. I have never seen such a thing. Can you not speak to a real live person. I never would have bought this. I can't even get past registration. It's asking for a floopy disk, and my computer only has CD drives. What do I do?
Old July 20th, 2007, 01:23 PM

Copied from the Vogone Product Description page. The line I bolded is self explanatory.

"Computer Requirements
A Windows/PC computer (not Apple/MAC) running Windows Vista, 2000+SR4, or XP (home/pro/media)+SR2 with .NET Framework v1.1 or higher NOT Windows 98SE, ME or NT, a 733MHz or faster processor (Celeron, Pentium 2,3,4 or AMD Duron or Athelon). Duo-core and Duo 2 core processor motherboards are proven and MTU ships these in our Laptops. System RAM: if Windows runs so will Vogone. Have at least 500MB of free hard drive space (~40MB/song). Internet connection or USB Memory Stick or Floppy Drive is required to install, but not to run. To import songs as WAV files and write vocal reduced WAV files to a CDR disc, you will need Microstudio or an equivalent program, and an MTU or equivalent CD/DVD burner. You can install and run Vogone Lite on one computer, and the Full version can install on a second.

NOTE: Version 3.102 or higher requires at least a 733MHz processor to play and adjust while you listen. However, it will export a vocal reduced file to the hard drive with any speed Pentium class computer."

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; July 20th, 2007 at 01:28 PM.
Old July 20th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnksnger View Post
This really stinks. I have never seen such a thing. Can you not speak to a real live person. I never would have bought this. I can't even get past registration. It's asking for a floopy disk, and my computer only has CD drives. What do I do?
Consider that there are only 3 or 4 people at MTU, how would they get anything done if they spend all their time on the phone. You would be very surprised at the number of small companies that don't give out their phone numbers for exactly the same reason.
I don't know whether your problem is with Vogone or another MTU program but George is correct for all programs. You must have either an Internet connection, a USB flash drive or a floppy drive to install any MTU program. This is needed ti register the installation with MTU to prevent additional installations beyond those allotted.
Just as an FYI it would be a great help if you not tag your problem/question to the end of anothers thread unless it is exactly the same. Better to start a new thread. Also, be sure you are adding your thread to the correct program Help forum.
Old July 20th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdnksnger View Post
Read this FAQ page that answers your question on-line. If you will spend a little bit of time reading our Support page, you will find out how to get help.

You're posting in the Forums is a great start, and you are getting help.

There is a RULE OF THE UNIVERSE: Cheap - Fast - Good... pick any 2.

MTU products are Cheap and Good. If you demand Fast, then either change your expectations, or request a refund within your 14 day period and we will be glad to respond.

NO ONE in the Karaoke software industry provides FREE TELEPHONE support. The last time I called Microsoft Help... to report a bug and how to duplicate it... I waited 48 minutes for someone to answer (not an 800 number either), then I knew far more that the person who answered. That was in 2001, and I've never called again, but use Windows, Excel, Word, Access daily. It ain't what I'd like either, but that's reality today.
Old July 21st, 2007, 01:03 AM

Figured out the resolution problem - pass it on in case it happens to someone else.
Went into Control Panel / Display / Settings Tab - where you set the resolution (I left the resolution set at 1024x768). Clicked on the "Advanced" button, then selected the "General" Tab. There is a DPI dropdown selection. Mine was set at "Large Size (120 DPI)". I changed it to "Normal Size (96 DPI)" - and the problem was solved.
Old July 21st, 2007, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Figured out the resolution problem - pass it on in case it happens to someone else.
Went into Control Panel / Display / Settings Tab - where you set the resolution (I left the resolution set at 1024x768). Clicked on the "Advanced" button, then selected the "General" Tab. There is a DPI dropdown selection. Mine was set at "Large Size (120 DPI)". I changed it to "Normal Size (96 DPI)" - and the problem was solved.
Great diagnostic work jgill!

We will publish this as a FAQ for others to find.