MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 14th, 2004, 04:15 PM

problem with installing Vogone

Hi, I purchased the Vogone yesterday and I'd received the download instruction e-mail. I followed the installation instruction step by step and I'd made sure the registration information and the registration e-mail were correctly entered, I even copied and pasted the registration code. But when I launched the program after the installation is sucessfully finished, I got this message:

Your serial number does not match your registration information. Please reinstall Vogone and try again.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program again several times, and I still got that same message. I feel very frustrated. What have I done wrong in the installation? I'm anxious to try out the program. Please help me out.

I've sent an email including my order number and registration information to Doug about this problem , so far, I haven't heard from him. I hope some one will answer my question very soon.
Old April 14th, 2004, 04:36 PM

This can be frustrating, but make certain the information entered on the registration page agrees with what you posted when making the purchase.

Also, upon rare occassion, due to an input error at the time of purchase, the email address in the download email is not correct, and that's an easy one to miss.

When trying to install, make certain the email address you input agrees with the email address in the download email you received, even if it is wrong. It must agree.

When coping and pasting the reg code, make certain no other characters of any kind are being included.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

Hope this gets it.

George

Last edited by George; April 14th, 2004 at 04:46 PM.
Old April 14th, 2004, 05:45 PM

I've just uninstalled and reinstall the program again, I'm sure I've entered my reg code and my e-mail address exactly as the e-mail address in the download e-mail. The result is the same, I still got the error message. What else can I do now? Is there anything you can do from your end?
Old April 14th, 2004, 06:20 PM

I'm not MTU staff, just another member.

Can't think of anything else that would generate that serial number not matching registration error message.

May have to wait for Support to pick up the ball.

George
Old April 14th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up I see you are now registered

The problem was you were entering V0G0NE2000N V0G0NE 2.210 S0FTWARE NEW PURCHASE in the Registration Code field.

I am sorry our instructions were unclear. When you entered your Registration Code in this field, your registration completed.

Are you now able to run Vogone correctly?
Old April 14th, 2004, 06:39 PM

Thanks George! I've viewed all the threads about the vogone and I see your name everywhere. You are really very kind and helpful. I hope the Support will get back to me real soon. after reading all the praises from other Vogone users, I'm even more ancious to try it out.
Old April 14th, 2004, 06:51 PM

Admin, Yes, I made the mistake the first time I installed the program, but when I got the error message that the information entered was incorrect, I corrected that and then I made sure that all the inputs were correct in every other installation trials. I've just tried again, it's not working! Then I uninstall and install again, It's still not working!
Old April 14th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Hummmmm....

I'll have to talk to MTUSUPPORT in the morning. Something is wrong that I'm not familiar with.
Old April 14th, 2004, 08:13 PM

Daadee,

Thanks for your kind words. Sorry I wasn't much help on this one.

have you thought to shut down and unplug the pc for a minute or two before trying to install again?

Stranger things have happened.

George
Old April 15th, 2004, 05:56 PM

MTU Support, Is someone going to solve my problem today? I'm still waiting.

George, I tried your suggestion, no such luck. Thanks anyway.
Old April 15th, 2004, 10:12 PM

I am sorry this post was for a different thread, I got lost in to many threads.
Old April 16th, 2004, 12:06 AM

MTU Support,

I'm using Microsoft XP.
Old April 16th, 2004, 12:49 AM

MTU Support,

If all the trouble was caused by my 1 mistake in entering the wrong information in the reg code field once, can MTU just erase all my registration record, give me a new reg code, let me do it all over again? I hope this problem can be resolved soon, I want to have some fun with Vogone this weekend.
Old April 16th, 2004, 09:50 AM

DaaDee,
I have deleted it, but I don't think that this is the problem. You can try it again to see what happens.

I think there is a problem with your system accepting our Security. It seems that the Keys that are being installed into the registry are not corresponding with what the program is looking for.

Can you tell me if you installed the program into a different location from the Default of C:\Program Files\Micro Technology Unlimited\Vogone. It should make no difference, but if you did try installing it into the default location.
Old April 16th, 2004, 03:06 PM

MTUSUPPORT Bryan,

I've finally installed the Vogone and it's working now. Thanks.

I share the computer with my son, I didn't know that he had set some security restriction to my use because he thought that I'm not 'computer smart' and he didn't want me installing something harmful to the computer accidentally. Now he has helped me installed the Vogone using his user name, and it's working now.

I just have one more question. I've registered using my user name but haven't installed into the C Drive, then my son uses his user name and installed into the C Drive of the same computer, so what is the record in MTU? Do you count it as one registration in one computer? Can I install this progrem to another computer if necessary in future?

Thanks again for all the help.
Old April 16th, 2004, 04:18 PM

It would be one install, for the computer. So this would count as only one install. It won't matter how many users use the computer, just if it was installed on different computers.
Old April 16th, 2004, 04:33 PM

Thank you very much.