MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Songverter Software > Songverter Help

Songverter Help Post Songverter questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 29th, 2007, 07:07 PM

Red face

I would like to purchase this songverter but I don't really understand just what it's functions are and what they do......Can someone help me...I need
more details than I am reading.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:35 PM
Super Moderator

It's purpose is to convert song files from one format to any other format. Some karaoke programs will only play certain file formats, so MTU created this program to allow changing the files to other formats easily.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 11:36 AM

So if I had a kma file I could convert it to a MP3g or a WMA-g file and still have the disc id, song, artist info intact?

If so I would buy this program in a heartbeat!

I have a situation where this would really help for recording in wma and then combining vocal recordings for online submissions.

Last edited by flipper; November 2nd, 2007 at 11:54 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

When you convert from KMA to other formats it takes the header information and makes that the filename, so yes you would still have all the info.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 04:29 PM

so if I had a program like Roxbox or other MP3G program the file would work just fine and would work with their search engine to find the file etc.?

I'm doing some recording and the older version of that program as it has a record button so I would like to record with it if possible.

My main hosting is all being done with MTU Hoster. But this is for home use only.
Old November 27th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipper View Post
1. so if I had a program like Roxbox or other MP3G program the file would work just fine and would work with their search engine to find the file etc.?

2.I'm doing some recording and the older version of that program as it has a record button so I would like to record with it if possible.

3. My main hosting is all being done with MTU Hoster. But this is for home use only.
Yes, we have fully supported converting KMA files to MP3+G, WMA+G, WAV+G, BIN, ZIP (any+G format), and even stripping the lyrics and converting to MP3, WMA, WAV audio only.

Also, Microstudio 4.004 can take any mix of Karaoke and Audio files and write them as separate tracks on either a CDG Karaoke or CD Audio disc. This includes KMA and all the other formats above.

1. We can't answer if their search will work with our files or not. Try naming any file to what you would with Songverter, and see if they recognize/index it. I would EXPECT them to do this, but don't know how flexible their filename recognition is.

2. Hoster 4.00x will allow recording and mixing internally or externally (with a mix console), always recording to a temp.wav file. If you click the Save As... button, you can save it to "yourfilename.wav" before the next recording.

3. We will offer an upgrade from prior Hoster versions to 4.0xx next month. We have a lot of web scripts to get functional and tested. Initial 4.0 release will be early December (we hope!), then an upgrade will be made available later December.
Old December 6th, 2007, 05:15 AM

can't download upgrade

i just purchased songverter and the upgrade to microstudio and when i go to download them a message comes up asking me to make sure i'm connected to the internet, i am connected i guess or i couldn't be writting this. any suggestions?
Old December 6th, 2007, 10:19 PM
Super Moderator

Make sure your Windows is up to date. By this I mean do a Custom Update from their web site and load all updates, especially NetFrame. The Automatic Update installed on your computer and the Express Update from the Microsoft web site will not install all the updates. Those two methods only install items that Microsoft deems as "critical" security updates.