MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 12th, 2007, 05:31 PM

VCD discs

I have a number of VCD discs (well 2 in particular GEK-V834 & GEK-V803 from the World Star series) that I would really like to put on to my hard drive as I am sure the series is now obsolete and I am so frightened of damaging the discs.

I inserted one of the discs (GEK-V803) into Microstudio and clicked on "Duplicate Disc", I now have a 541mb .CDI file on my PC, can I do anything with this .CDI to enable me to transfer it too my hard drive and then play it using my player, which is not Hoster by the way?

Thanks.

Eddie.

Last edited by daddybrubeck; March 12th, 2007 at 05:53 PM.
Old March 12th, 2007, 07:18 PM

I have put a number of vcd disks on my computer, abd it is very simple. I made a directory on my karaoke drive named video. create a folder in that and copy the .dat files off of the vcd into that folder. I renamed the files as "title - artist.dat"

That is all you need to do. they will play just fine. I you have any problems playing them you can rename the to a .avi file, they are both basicly the same.
Old March 12th, 2007, 08:47 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddybrubeck View Post
I have a number of VCD discs (well 2 in particular GEK-V834 & GEK-V803 from the World Star series) that I would really like to put on to my hard drive as I am sure the series is now obsolete and I am so frightened of damaging the discs.

I inserted one of the discs (GEK-V803) into Microstudio and clicked on "Duplicate Disc", I now have a 541mb .CDI file on my PC, can I do anything with this .CDI to enable me to transfer it too my hard drive and then play it using my player, which is not Hoster by the way?

Thanks.

Eddie.
The .CDI file is an image file of the disc. which can only be written back to another disc through Microstudio thus "Duplicate" instead of import.
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:11 AM

gduns & DDOUGLAS, thanks for your help on this matter.

I have copied the .dat files from the vcd and transferred them to a folder on my drive as suggested above.

I gave one or two of the tracks the suffix's .dat & .avi, & one track with no suffix at all, when I played them all I did not get a screen with the words on and the audio is a garbled mess of music and voice of about 20 to 30 minutes length.

I reckon I am doing something wrong?

Help please?

Eddie.
Old March 13th, 2007, 08:30 AM

I Have Quite A Few Worldstar Disks, And They All Play Great Like That
Old March 14th, 2007, 05:53 AM

Smile VCD problems too

Hey "gduns".....I did exactly as you wrote in your reply to "daddybrubek's" problem which is my problem too I created a folder and copied the .dat files off the vcd into that folder. I renamed the files as you suggested ie: "title - artist.dat".

I loaded 1 of the files into Hoster, but I only get the music and no image at all. I had the exact same result even before I renamed the file.

I have quite a few of these VCD discs already in my books which make up about 300 songs so I really want this to work. Obviously I'm doing something wrong but not sure what???

Can you think of anything I may be doing wrong?

Thanx mate
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:31 AM

kiwisinger. When you played your files and got the music was the music as it should be or was it just a garebled mess?, furthemore what length were the music tracks, when I done it I got a garbled mess and the track length was between 20 & 30 minutes, obvioulsy something very wrong there!!!!

Eddie.
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:49 AM

I just noticed this is in the Microstudio forum. Microstudio I dont think plays vcd disks, I could be wrong, but All of my suggestions were concerning hoster. Sorry!!!
Old March 14th, 2007, 07:56 AM

gduns, thanks for the information.

Eddie.
Old March 14th, 2007, 04:14 PM

Hi Eddie, the songs played perfectly with full use of multiplex. Ea file averaged around 30,000kb in size and in Hoster average song length of 3 to 4min. All files are .dat files.

Im just not getting any image of lyrics or anything??

Forgive me for the following...Im gonna write the proceedure of copying the files....Im sure you do it the same way but just incase anyone reading this might see what Im doing wrong??

Copying I just use windows explorer.

1. Load the disc into my DVD writer
2. Open the disc in "My Computer/DVD cd Drive"
3. High light the files in a folder called "MPEGAV"
4. Then I just drag them into a folder Iv created and thats it.

Each file is copied as .dat files

Playing them in Hoster:

1. I click Video. The " Add video song to song list " window opens.
2. I go to the folder where Iv just copied the .dat files
3. Select a file and make sure in the "Files of type" dropdown window is set to " Video files-VCD,DVD (.dat, .vob)
4. Clk "open"

It loads the song ready to play. I push play and it plays perfectly...I just wish the lyrics would show up.... grrrr

Last edited by kiwisinger; March 14th, 2007 at 04:21 PM.