MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 5th, 2002, 12:27 PM

Unhappy Error #0x80070725 description incompatible version of the rpc stub

All was working well, no changes to our computer, ran scan disk etc.. MicrostudioV2.314, KHP V2.009, Vogone V2.014, Keyrite V1.202 seem to have lost all accessibility... Can not reinstall, seems to have erased the program location. Error number 0x80070725 Description Incompatible Version of the RPC Stub... Help???
Old December 5th, 2002, 12:30 PM

Have you tried uninstalling programs first, then starting fresh?

George
Old December 5th, 2002, 12:32 PM

Yes I have tried to uninstall, gives me the same error message...
Old December 5th, 2002, 12:54 PM
Frequent Member

If you are running Windows 98 see this link for possible fix. It has a small program you run and answer Yes to Overide certain files.

http://www.standardsdesign.com/WGD/2...d/Win98Err.htm

For more possilbe causes Copy and Paste the Error Message in say "Google" search engine and you get a lot of "Hits".
Old December 5th, 2002, 02:15 PM

Have you tried opening one of the programs directly from the folder on the hard drive, rather than the desktop link? Wondering if the paths may have gotten corrupted. If you haven't, you might give it a try. If you click on say Vogone2104.exe, that will open the installation program, which may or may not work, but clicking on the yellow Vogone folder should open the program if the program hasn't become corrupted.

George
Old December 5th, 2002, 02:37 PM
Frequent Member

Did you try, just re-starting your computer.....many times
windows problems will fix them selves by shutting down and re-booting.

Also see and read the possible fix above with Link

Did you do a "Registry" back-up" before you installed the MTU programs, if you did (and that's a good habit to get into) restore the registry and you should be able to install the MTU programs.
Old December 5th, 2002, 03:36 PM

Error: 0x80070725
Description: Incompatible version of the RPC stub.

Setup will now terminate.

This error is caused by a bad version of the file oleaut32.dll on your system, which usually resides in the system folder.

This is a known Windows flaw acknowledged by Microsoft and not a defect in your MySoftware or ProVenture program. To fix this issue, please refer to the following Microsoft Support Knowledgebase article for troubleshooting:

http://support.microsoft.com/default...;en-us;Q321915

If this article does not help you resolve this issue, please see the Microsoft Website at www.microsoft.com for information about contacting Microsoft Technical Support. Elibrium Support cannot assist with this particular issue because it is a direct result of an error in your Windows Operating System, and not your Software.

JIm
Old December 5th, 2002, 08:20 PM

Kjzone, I did run the program from the short cut you suggested, the keyrite and vogone are now working, I had also loaded down a Windows Update a couple of weeks ago, so that must be when the change occured... Rebooting did not work and I have tried running the .exe programs from the hard drive, shortcuts, and even the install disk. I removed the folders for KHP and Microstudio, and will now attemp the shortcut suggested by Jim in Ohio.

Did not do the Registry backup either... Don't really change this thing to much.

Will give you guys an update as soon as I try Jim in Ohio's suggestion...

Thanks
Old December 5th, 2002, 08:28 PM
Frequent Member

Wink

You might run System File Checker (SFC) to confirm that the following file versions are set to "Current", If not restore them.

Asycfilt.dll (2.40.4515)
Oleaut32.dll (2.40.4515)
Stdole2.tlb (2.40.4515
Olepro32.dll (5.0.4515)
Old December 6th, 2002, 12:48 AM

Tried every update I could find for windows and office 2000... the office 2000 service release 1a sr-1a would not complete the download.. That should re-register the files with the versions you suggested kjzone. Ran the SFC, not sure how to set to "Current"...

Even tried reinstalling my original Windows 98, but of course it will not install because I've since loaded down a newer version... Would hate to be completely computer dumb!
Old December 6th, 2002, 07:05 AM

The Mcrepair.exe was successful in replacing the .dll and .tlb that was suggested and the only .exe that is not working is the Microstudio.

When installing the options have program files checked and that is the only one there. When it attempts the install it seems to be checking the "a" drive and the gives me the message "Error 1706 no valid source could be found for product the windows installer cannot continue", upon closing that message it gives me the message " Error 1603 fatal error during install" contact msi or msdn..

Your input is appreciated..
R
Old December 6th, 2002, 07:16 AM

Thumbs up

Last final try before going back to bed!!! I re ran the Mcrepair.exe and attempted to reinstall the Microstudios, it failed again... Then dragged it to my desktop, and ran Microstudios install and the darn thing worked!!! Back to normal...

Thanks for the patience and help..

R
Old December 6th, 2002, 09:20 AM
Frequent Member

Wink

rosiehm

After reading everything that has gone wrong I believe your problem centers around the MicroSoft Installer and your current version needs to be Updated. If you are running Windows 95, 98 or ME go this this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/ProductU...taller29x.aspx

and download and run the Microsoft Installer v2.0

If you have Windows 2000 see this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/download...O2kSR1DDL.aspx

ALSO THERE IS A GREAT LITTLE FREE PROGRAM CALLED "BIG FIX"

GO TO THIS LINK:

http://www.bigfix.com/website/consumer/overview.html

and DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM.......ONCE INSTALL, SUBSCRIBE TO:

1. Fixlet Centeral and
2. The Operating System you are using, i.e. Win 95, 98, Me, etc.
3 You next click on "Gather" and the program will search for all Windows UPDATES not install on your computer for all Windows Products.
4. You can then click on and download and install each UPDATE.
5. This program finds Microsoft Updates that your Windows Update doesn't find.......I find this program extremely valuable.
and it's FREE.

Old December 6th, 2002, 11:04 AM

Again, thanks for all the help, I am printing this page so that I can follow up on the updates my system needs and download the Big Fix program...

This is the first time I've had to subscribe to the forum, and now realize that there is an tremendous amount of information, will be visiting often. I am "the wife" who is somewhat computer intelligent, the husband is the talented one with not much computer smarts..