MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Testimonials

Hoster Testimonials Do you like Hoster?

Old November 28th, 2008, 09:13 AM

Hoster 4.06

I would like to say Hoster 4.06 for me is just the tool I need to host karaoke shows.

I think that you get out of any program what you put into it , in other words sitting down reading the manual , reading all the set up of your PC tips has given me;

1. A greater understanding of how Hoster works
2. A greater understanding of how my PC and its operating system works (vista)
3.A greater confidence in hosting my shows Because of what i have learned.

spending time reading the manual and these forums , spending time to learn these things has certainly been worth while and as i do KJ hosting for a living I take this as seriously as if i were doing any other type of work related training.

I feel that some times I see posts from people complaining about the program that has nothing to do with how good Hoster is but more about there own lack of effort in trying to understand things and wanting everything served on a plate.

if users only read the information on the site they could save them selves loads of hassle.
Computer Requirements

1. Version 4.06 runs on Windows XP Home, Pro or Mediacenter SP3, and Vista (32 and 64-bit) with SR1, all require .NET free download. Because Hoster 4 uses the newest technologies available, your computer needs all updates to run Hoster reliably (click here for Vista changes to make).
  2. An MTU or equivalent CD/DVD Recorder to import CDG Karaoke discs to the hard drive. MTU Certified CDG Recorders give the cleanest imported graphics.
  3. Graphics Video card with at least 32MB of RAM. that supports Direct-X 9.0b or higher (cards with less than 32MB RAM usually don't support 9.0b). Dual-display requires an ATI Radeon 9000 or higher, or NVidia equivalent. S3 video cards or chips in laptop computers don't support Direct-X 9.0.
  4. Processor (Celeron, Pentium, 3 or 4, or AMD Duron or Athlon with at least 1 GHz, with 2GHz or faster preferred for multiple simultaneous audio processors. Windows XP runs correctly with 1MB system RAM, while Vista requires at least 2GB RAM to run smoothly.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Windows Vista requires more processor power. As a result, inexpnsive laptops using Vista and Celeron or AMD processors have been reported to not play video files correctly, and in some cases the lyrics are not in sync to the music
  5. The computer Video Hoster is being installed on must be connected to the Internet.
I had problems with previous versions of hoster but 4.06 is spot on !!
I whole heartedly recommend it as a karaoke hosting program , but under the proviso that even a bicycle is hard to work at first but after a little learning Hoster 4.06 is as easy as riding a bike!