MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Testimonials

Hoster Testimonials Do you like Hoster?

Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:23 AM

Talking Hoster 4 Just Gets Better And Better!

I know there are folks having issues with 4.04. I feel al litlte guilty because I'm one of the Hoster users that 4.04 works well for. Every upgrade I've seen Hoster 4 get better and better. Hoster 4.04 ran like a champ last Friday and Saturday night.

Thanks MTU for all of your hard work and a great program!

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200

Last edited by madjim- with the Lord; September 22nd, 2008 at 07:31 AM.
Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:40 AM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by madjim View Post
I know there are folks having issues with 4.04. I feel al litlte guilty because I'm one of the Hoster users that 4.04 works well for. Every upgrade I've seen Hoster 4 get better and better. Hoster 4.04 ran like a champ last Friday and Saturday night.

Jim
Ditto for me too. My wife ran 4.04 friday and saturday without a glitch as well.

Jim,
Did you see my question in another post that referred to the different resolutions and the SND disappearing on the intermission view when the TV resolution is set smaller than the computer resolution. Take a look at it and see if you can replicate it. I kinda hope that is an easy thing for the programmer to make work eventually?

Old September 22nd, 2008, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryant View Post
Ditto for me too. My wife ran 4.04 friday and saturday without a glitch as well.

Jim,
Did you see my question in another post that referred to the different resolutions and the SND disappearing on the intermission view when the TV resolution is set smaller than the computer resolution. Take a look at it and see if you can replicate it. I kinda hope that is an easy thing for the programmer to make work eventually?
I saw it Bryant. I went to put 4.04 machine #2 to do some tests and have hit 100 installs of Hoster for the second time. Once I'm reset I'll see what I can find.

I told you I saw this bug before but in a past beta but I want to be absolutly sure you are seeing what I saw before I advise.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old September 22nd, 2008, 08:00 AM
VIP

Quote:
I saw it Bryant. I went to put 4.04 machine #2 to do some tests and have hit 100 installs of Hoster for the second time. Once I'm reset I'll see what I can find.

I told you I saw this bug before but in a past beta but I want to be absolutly sure you are seeing what I saw before I advise.

Jim
Right, I just found the old past. See you there.

Old September 22nd, 2008, 02:37 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:

Jim

Jim,
I have ran the Hoster 4.04 during my shows since the 18th and it has ran like a dream no problems with the Program here either and Don't feel a bit guilty The only problem I have had was the My Hp system crashing before I could do the upgrade on the VISTA and try it out but it will soon be Fixed, put it in the shop today they are working on it as we speak. And They are going to be able to uninstall on line before wiping the system clean Whew was sweating that one.(THE GREMLINS GOT IT I KNOW THEY DID)

Sorry that so many are having so many problems with 4.04. Keep plugging at it. Gliches can work themselves out with a little help from us. After all we are dealing with a man made product on a man made machine therefore nothing is perfect, somebody will always have something that needs fixing, MTU KEEP GETTING BETTER AND BETTER AND SOON they will have ALL of the GREMLINS fixed.....
XP Home 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600 TOSHIBA Satellite L25 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel 1496 Mhz TOSHIBA V1.50 SMBIOS Version 2.34 PM 256.00 MB VM 2.00 GB 250GB ex hd ATI
Old September 24th, 2008, 04:25 PM
VIP

Thumbs up 4.04 Great on XP

4.04 on XP - Everything is working like it is supposed to even on my 6year old HP with only 512 RAM. I even uploaded a Singer's disk while a video was playing & changed the key several times all at the same time - ALL WORKED. 3.4 works great for MUX videos and will also open up a Playlist with everything saved that was put in 4.04 if it locks up. I just X'd out, pulled up the same playlist & BY GOLLY, there was everything that was in the original playlist. Only singer's disk was "unavailable", which is understandable.

Of course, I'm only playing with it at home, so with so little RAM, it is possible that it could start acting up half-way through a Show

I'm getting up the nerve to put it on my Vista show machine
Old September 25th, 2008, 10:35 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird74 View Post
4.04 on XP - Everything is working like it is supposed to even on my 6year old HP with only 512 RAM. I even uploaded a Singer's disk while a video was playing & changed the key several times all at the same time - ALL WORKED. 3.4 works great for MUX videos and will also open up a Playlist with everything saved that was put in 4.04 if it locks up. I just X'd out, pulled up the same playlist & BY GOLLY, there was everything that was in the original playlist. Only singer's disk was "unavailable", which is understandable.

Of course, I'm only playing with it at home, so with so little RAM, it is possible that it could start acting up half-way through a Show

I'm getting up the nerve to put it on my Vista show machine
Just curious, do you have xp sp3, and wmp 11, and internet explorer 7 on your machine, or something else.

I'm deciding whether it may be necesaary to install all these on a laptop as well.

Old September 25th, 2008, 11:41 PM
VIP

I did all the MTU "required" updates before installing 4.03 first (all Windows updates including SP3, IE7, graphics card & HP). I didn't want to take any chances.

I decided to stay with WMP-9, after reading all the problems people were having with WMP-11 on earlier versions (4.01 & 4.02). It even says in the Manual that only WMP-9 or higher is required for XP, so it depends on your machine. Then I finally got the nerve to upgrade to 4.04 (after reading what everyone else had to say first).
Old September 26th, 2008, 01:03 AM
VIP

Quote:
I did all the MTU "required" updates before installing 4.03 first (all Windows updates including SP3, IE7, graphics card & HP). I didn't want to take any chances.

I decided to stay with WMP-9, after reading all the problems people were having with WMP-11 on earlier versions (4.01 & 4.02). It even says in the Manual that only WMP-9 or higher is required for XP, so it depends on your machine. Then I finally got the nerve to upgrade to 4.04 (after reading what everyone else had to say first).
There is a post somewhere about what Admin really requires for XP? Anybody remember where?

Old September 26th, 2008, 08:56 AM

All the product descriprions include a section dealing with computer requirements to run the program.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old September 26th, 2008, 11:55 AM
VIP

Bryant: There is a post somewhere about what Admin really requires for XP? Anybody remember where?

It's in an old post before 4.03 came out to fix 4.01 & 4.02 problems. Admin did state that only WMP-9 is required for XP (WMP-11 for Vista). All other updates are necessary. It is also in the "Manual", that XP requires WMP-9 or higher. When I reverted back to WMP-9 on my 6-year old HP with only 512RAM, it definitely started running smoother. And now 4.04 works good on it also.
Old September 26th, 2008, 03:14 PM

Thanks for the back-up Sky, I didn't have the time to go through all of the posts last night. You are the best!

Jim

Old September 26th, 2008, 03:22 PM
VIP

Hey Jim - just trying to help, since so many here have taken the time to help me. Seems like the right thing to do!
Old September 26th, 2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Hey Jim - just trying to help, since so many here have taken the time to help me. Seems like the right thing to do!

( this is looking to GOD and giving thanks!)

You are a great forum member!

Thanks Again

Jim

Old September 28th, 2008, 02:46 AM
VIP

[quote=Skybird74;82725]Bryant: There is a post somewhere about what Admin really requires for XP? Anybody remember where?

Admin did state that only WMP-9 is required for XP (WMP-11 for Vista). All other updates are necessary..[/quote]

I do not recall Admin making THAT statement: "That having all updates is necessary for XP to work on 4.0x???" IE7; sp3, etc. etc. Most other updates deal with specific programs or security issues as I read them?

Old September 28th, 2008, 12:26 PM
VIP

It's in the Manual. And, Admin told us all in advance what the requirements would be before 4.0x was released and the Manual was available.
Old September 28th, 2008, 06:27 PM
VIP

Quote:
It's in the Manual. And, Admin told us all in advance what the requirements would be before 4.0x was released and the Manual was available.
oh, okay.

Old September 29th, 2008, 06:41 PM
VIP

Talking 4.05 is released

I just read that 4.05 is released.
Old September 29th, 2008, 06:45 PM

Quote:
I just read that 4.05 is released.

You read correctly, I just downloaded a copy from the MTU website.

Jim

Old September 29th, 2008, 10:10 PM

Thumbs up Thumbs up 405

Quote:
You read correctly, I just downloaded a copy from the MTU website.

Jim
Same here Jim Testing it out tonight to see how it runs so far I an tell you it is by far the fastest version yet that I have used and nothing is hanging up but only been runn for about two hours now fixing to try out the import features as well.

Video is not that much of importance to me as I don't use any, will be interesting to find out what others are experancing on that end of the program.
XP Home 5.1.2600 SP 3 Build 2600 TOSHIBA Satellite L25 System Type X86-based PC Processor x86 Family 6 Model 13 Stepping 8 GenuineIntel 1496 Mhz TOSHIBA V1.50 SMBIOS Version 2.34 PM 256.00 MB VM 2.00 GB 250GB ex hd ATI