MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old November 14th, 2007, 03:04 PM

need help with rackmount for mackie dfx6

Hi all! I currently use a mackie dfx6 mixer. I am trying to rack mount it into a slant top mixer/rack combo made by gator cases - grc10x8...10 space on top and 8 spaces vertically. Well, I called mackie to get rack ears and they said they don't make em for the dfx6. Has anyone else run into this? That mixer seems to be a popular model, i'm not sure why they wouldn't make rack ears. Anyway, I could make something, but I'm not much of a builder. I called raxxess to see if they made some sort of shelf that would mount on the top rack and I could use industrial velcro and mount my mixer that way. Has anyone else done this or know where I can get a shelf that mounts that way...The think I'm visioning kind of looks like a U (sqaure of course) and the top two legs of the U would have "wings" with ***** holes to mount to the rack.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Simon
Old November 15th, 2007, 05:16 AM
VIP

You could try an HVAC business. They typically have to cut and bend sheet metal for duct work jobs. They are probably going into their busy season so they may or may not have time work on such a small job.

Sam
Old November 15th, 2007, 10:35 AM
Frequent Member

Go to a machine shop.
and have a set of rack ears made out of heavy alumenuim.
i did for $10. Bob
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old November 16th, 2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webbsc View Post
Hi all! I currently use a mackie dfx6 mixer. I am trying to rack mount it into a slant top mixer/rack combo made by gator cases - grc10x8...10 space on top and 8 spaces vertically. Well, I called mackie to get rack ears and they said they don't make em for the dfx6. Has anyone else run into this? That mixer seems to be a popular model, i'm not sure why they wouldn't make rack ears. Anyway, I could make something, but I'm not much of a builder. I called raxxess to see if they made some sort of shelf that would mount on the top rack and I could use industrial velcro and mount my mixer that way. Has anyone else done this or know where I can get a shelf that mounts that way...The think I'm visioning kind of looks like a U (sqaure of course) and the top two legs of the U would have "wings" with ***** holes to mount to the rack.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Simon
i have the same board..i built my own case,for a fraction of the cost, but i believe www.guitarcenter sells them, or if not they can order it for you..it might cost you though...