MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 18th, 2002, 01:14 PM

Question Sound Choice Star Disc.

I am up to close to 500 burnt CDG's now thanks fro your great product. However I have jsut recently bought Sound Choice Star Disk. I have never used these before I only have burnt Sound Choice Spotlight, DK, DK Millenium, Sweek Georgia Brown, and the Hits Monthly Series. With the Star Disk I cannot extract any of the songs. I was told they were copy proof. Is this true? If so sound Choice wil never get another dollar of mine. Thee over priced anyway for the amount of songs on them.

Donnie
Wylde Entertainment.
Old July 18th, 2002, 01:41 PM

Sounds Like Media Cloq

If your disk has printed on the bottom center "this disc will not play in your computer" and mentions protected with Media Cloq you will find a thread on this site a few down from your thread.

'Anyone having success copying sound choice media cloq CD+G'

You need to read all those, some are reporting success, and others have no luck, but they tell methods to try. You will learn about what you have there.

Good Luck
Old July 18th, 2002, 03:11 PM

Jim is correct,
If it is indeed MediaCloq, some are having luck copying while others have no luck at all. This thread is located at http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...?threadid=1016
Old July 22nd, 2002, 02:22 PM

Lightbulb Media Cloq Listing

Had an idea for all you Sound Choice people out there. If your like me I by most of my discs be they SC, or CB or MM off of Ebay. I have gotten 4 or 5 with the media clog and of course I can't copy them; even with MTU. I'm at work right now so I don't have my list in front of me but I plan on posting the disc #'s of those I have that have the medai Clog. If others would do the same we would know which ones not to buy. Just an idea.

Kelly
Old July 22nd, 2002, 03:09 PM

Cool Most of us don't

Most of us don't buy our discs on e-bay, that is where you are going to run into media cloq, allow me to explain.

The sound choice discs with media cloq will not play in the combination players like my Pioneer DVD-V555 DVD-CD-CD+G unit, SOOO sound choice has stopped using media cloq untill they can get around that problem.

Most of us that now know that are stocking up, I just received three sets of foundation#1, and #2, and five sets of bricks 1-5, and 250 other misc discs and NONE are protected, so I have more on the way. The trick is to buy from a dealer(dealers sell cheaper than from sound choice) that has a quick stock turn over so you don't get old discs that still have the cloq on them.

We have four sets on the road, and I am planning two more soon, and another just for parties, SO now I buy so I can get good discs, back them up and put the orgional discs in the spare room.
Old July 22nd, 2002, 05:40 PM

Thumbs up It works!

I have 18 Media Clog disk and now have copied all of them by info on this site. Use custom assembly import the last actual track independtly and when the disk stops responding eject it. Click Ok to the error and then impot it from your hard drive. Even though it says it didnt record succesfully, once you import it and record it theres no problem. Perfection! Thanks for all the help. special thanks to Jim in Ohio this is the second time he has helped me out. I have been a KJ/DJ for a while and just bought my old boss out and didnt realize how much work goes in to this. I now have seven shows a week and possible 3 more on the way and any time someone can save me some time and headaches I like to say thanks. [b]
Old July 26th, 2002, 11:01 AM

Best approach is not to buy any of their products, protected or not. They might get the message if people quit putting any money in their pockets, thus financing their program. I haven't bought a Sound Choice disc since this first started, and never will unless they totally abandon the program. I will not buy an expensive, cheaply made product I can't back up. Cheaply made? You bet, research some of the horror tales in these forums.

Take care,

George
Old July 26th, 2002, 07:19 PM

Cheaply made??

I don't know about how cheaply they are made but I do know that their quality control department is a-sleep at the wheel. I received the three foundation #1 & #2 and have sent back 8 discs this week with bad tracks, no cost but my postage because they are new, but it's sure a pain in the neck...