MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 25th, 2021, 06:17 AM

Mobile DJ/Karaoke Setup w/Rechargeable Speakers

Greetings,
Does anyone have any recommendations concerning a mobile DJ/Karaoke setup w/rechargeable speakers configuration?

I am looking to use quality rechargeable speakers (i.e., supports good voice sound) and at the same time, still utilize my powered amp/mixer and laptop.

Is this even feasible?

(BTW- I have invested in an ALTO - Professional Stealth Wireless System for wireless speaker capability, however, I am now trying to replace my need for powered speakers.)

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
The Karaoke Queen
Old May 25th, 2021, 10:02 AM

Re: Mobile DJ/Karaoke Setup w/Rechargeable Speakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwenButler View Post
Greetings,
Does anyone have any recommendations concerning a mobile DJ/Karaoke setup w/rechargeable speakers configuration?

I am looking to use quality rechargeable speakers (i.e., supports good voice sound) and at the same time, still utilize my powered amp/mixer and laptop.

Is this even feasible?

(BTW- I have invested in an ALTO - Professional Stealth Wireless System for wireless speaker capability, however, I am now trying to replace my need for powered speakers.)

Thanks in advance for any and all advice!
The Karaoke Queen
I have two Bose S1 Pro battery powered speakers that are outstanding in sound quality. I highly recommend these speakers to anyone needing battery powered speakers!

I also own the Alto Stealth system and wish they would come out with a battery powered system!
Old May 25th, 2021, 11:54 AM

KOD,
I really appreciate your prompt response.

Do you think it is a simple substitution to \\\\\\\"swap out\\\\\\\" my current powered speakers with S1 Pro replacement speakers to make the necessary setup change, or is there a need for additional software/hardware?

How will the S1 Pro speaker signals connect to my sound controls? (See attachment for my current equipment list.)

Thanks in advance!
TKQ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TKQ Equipment List.jpg (122.1 KB, 4 views)
Old May 25th, 2021, 02:40 PM

Quote:
KOD,
I really appreciate your prompt response.

Do you think it is a simple substitution to \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"swap out\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" my current powered speakers with S1 Pro replacement speakers to make the necessary setup change, or is there a need for additional software/hardware?

How will the S1 Pro speaker signals connect to my sound controls? (See attachment for my current equipment list.)

Thanks in advance!
TKQ
Nothing is needed to make the change. The S1 Pro is a powered speaker like your others except they can operate on battery power also (~6-8 hours).

They connect like any other speaker. No special hardware or software needed. When hooked to electrical power, they charge automatically.

Another plus is they weigh only 15-16 pounds!

For clarity I have attached the PDF manual for the S1 Pro...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Bose S1 Pro Owners Manual.pdf (4.20 MB, 7 views)
Old May 26th, 2021, 08:42 AM

Talking Re: Mobile DJ/Karaoke Setup w/Rechargeable Speakers

KOD,
Much appreciation for this valued information.

I will definitely use your attachment to take advantage of trying to better understand details concerning my configuration needs--esp. connectivity of these speakers--which it appears may need to rely upon my existing ALTO Stealth System to accomplish that final step.

Thanks so very much for your support on this!
Continued Blessings,
TKQ
Old May 26th, 2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
KOD,
Much appreciation for this valued information.

I will definitely use your attachment to take advantage of trying to better understand details concerning my configuration needs--esp. connectivity of these speakers--which it appears may need to rely upon my existing ALTO Stealth System to accomplish that final step.

Thanks so very much for your support on this!
Continued Blessings,
TKQ
I do not understand the connectivity concerns. These speakers hook up like all other speakers.

The only difference is, in addition to being electrical powered, they are also battery powered...
Old May 26th, 2021, 12:34 PM

Got it! You are so right!

Thanks,
TKQ

Last edited by Roy Dennis; March 29th, 2022 at 12:39 PM.
Closed Thread