MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2018, 12:44 PM

Key Changes seem to crash Hoster sporadically

I am encountering a situation where once in awhile, maybe once a week (working 4 nights a week) when a customer sings a song and requests a key change, Hoster will randomly crash during the song. Sometimes toward the end of the song, occasionally near the start or middle...once as soon as I started the song. When Hoster crashes, it involves having to close Hoster, and restart. The box appears saying Hoster has stopped working. Restarting Hoster, everything still remains in place as far as rotation/playlist and the sang plays fine afterward. I have taken to preemptively closing and restarting Hoster before playing songs with key changes, especially if more than one step in either direction, if Hoster has not yet crashed during a show. I dont know if that helps or not, but it is what I do, LOL.

Here are some particulars to weed out red herrings:

I am running HOSTER 5.50.01 on Windows 10 (10.0.14393) 64bit on a Lenovo IdeaPad 110-15ISK. i5 processor, plenty of RAM.

My machine NEVER sees the internet, and never uses Windows Updates. I put the machine into service March of 2017 and have not updated Windows or Hoster since then, since all seemed to be working well.

Just curious if anyone else has experienced similar behavior, and if there is an obvious reason or fix. THANKS!
Old May 22nd, 2018, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Key Changes seem to crash Hoster sporadically

A fix was made for this in 5.50.04 release: Here is a list of all changes:
V5.50.04- April 24, 2017

NEW - Last Singer - If you are using the Rotation or Singer List feature, now you can check who your Last Singer was at any time. Simply right-click on the List Header and select Show Last Singer. A small window will appear briefly, displaying the name of the last person to sing in your show.

NEW - Brand in Playlist Report - We added a new check box to the Playlist Report. If you combine the Artist & Title in your Report, now you can also list the Brand to see which Brands are most popular.

CHANGED - Radio Buttons - When you right-click on the K-oke, Audio, or Video button, or when you select Settings > When Show Starts in the Background Audio Player the options shown will display a “Radio Button” instead of a Check Mark. This is used to signify an “either-or” selection.

CHANGED - Edit Songs - If multiple songs are selected, and there is a mix of settings for Duet, MUX, Video with Lyrics and Hide in Song Book, then those check boxes are handled differently now. They will be “checked but greyed out.” If you click on any one of them, it will toggle between checked and unchecked. This should be clearer when making changes to these settings for multiple songs.

FIXED - Crash - Key Change and Tempo were causing Hoster to crash in version 5.50.02. This has been fixed.

FIXED - Buy Songs Format - If you purchase more than one song at a time from Karoke.net, and one of the songs is not offered in the format that you requested, then purchasing that song may have stored it into Hoster’s Song Database incorrectly. This issue has been resolved.

FIXED - Graphic Errors - A core bug in Hoster’s CDG presentation code was found and fixed.

FIXED - Extra “ in Singer Name - If you have Singers with double-quote characters (”) in their names you may have noticed that extra double-quote characters were being inserted into your Singers ’ names. This will no longer happen.

Whether or not you qualify for a free upgrade I don’t know.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old May 22nd, 2018, 02:49 PM

THANK YOU Roy! I will attempt to upgrade my Hoster as soon as possible. Thanks again!
Old May 22nd, 2018, 07:08 PM
Super Moderator

Closing this thread as solved.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Closed Thread