MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old October 10th, 2002, 03:14 AM

Unhappy Garbled lyrics

I am having a problem with my lyrics being garbled. I am using microstudio2.315. I have an HP Pavilion and using a yamaha crw3200e. The audio seems fine, but the lyrics are garbled on the first 4 to 6 tracks. track 7 and up seem to be fine. Does anyone know of a way to fix this? I have tried copying at various speeds, but the results are the same, although I get a cleaner copy at the faster speeds, but it is still unreadable graphics in the first tracks.
Old October 10th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Administrator

It is your Yamaha drive's problem

This drive will not properly write the PQ codes beyond a certain track... 6 in your case. The fact that Microstudio is writing correctly on any tracks, proves that the drive is malfunctioning beyond that.

You need a CDG certified CDRW drive.
Old October 10th, 2002, 08:54 PM

Post update on garbled lyrics

I have found that my cdr writes the cdg files exactly as they are written to the hard drive, it seems to me that the problem with my drive is in the writing of the file, and it is only the first 4 to 6 tracks that are written bad. If you feel it is still my drive, then I will try a different one. Thanks for the reply.
Old October 10th, 2002, 09:20 PM

Sorry about that, but there is a list of supported reader-writers on MTU's site, and yours is not there, but you sure can check for your self, here is the direct link for you

http://www.mtu.com/support/cdr-ide-drives.htm

Just click on that link and it will take you there, if you are going to try a different CDR I have had great luck with Plextor.

Jim
Old October 10th, 2002, 11:35 PM

garbled lyrics

thanks Jim. I will check them out.
Old October 11th, 2002, 08:30 AM

You might wish to purchase your burner from the MTU site, they report a failure rate on their site, of burners that do not pass the read and write test needed for CD+G's.
Most people are reporting that the cost is usually around 10 dollars over Best Buy prices for a burner that has been checked and certified to backup CD+G's, and will play well with Micro Studio.

Jim