MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old February 23rd, 2002, 01:04 AM

Question Downloading CD+g then burning???

Just wondering. Is it possible to download an entire disc and burn it? That would be GREAT! Like I have said, I'm not a real pc wiz but I am interested in learning alot more about burning. My Plextor is a wonderful thing. And Karaoke is addicting
Old February 23rd, 2002, 04:46 AM

Sorry there is nowhere which allows you to download karaoke tracks. I am afraid you will just have to buy karaoke discs or the wonderful software from MTU.

You could always use some of those PC Midi Karaoke Players - that stuff is free.
Old February 23rd, 2002, 11:13 AM

Cool MAYBE I'M CONFUSED

I MIGHT BE A LITTLE CONFUSED AT KSHOEMAKER'S POST, BUT ISN'T HE ASKING IF HE CAN DOWNLOAD A CDG DISK AND THEN BURNING? IF THIS IS TRUE IN WHAT KSHOEMAKER IS ASKING, THEN HE CAN USE THE DUPLICATE TAB. CORRECT ME IF I'M NOT UNDERSTANDING THE POST.

SPRING WEATHER IN MISSOURI! PROBABLY NOT FOR LONG.
Old February 23rd, 2002, 11:32 AM

I think by the word DOWNLOAD he means getting CDG files from the net and putting them onto disc. If he wanted to copy a disc he would have used the word COPY or BACKUP

As far as I know there are no legal sites that offer free or purchased CDG files for download.
Old February 23rd, 2002, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Your desire is shared by many. However...

1. Unless the music is in public domain, it would be illegal in most countries for someone to place Karaoke songs on an Internet page for downloading.

2. A typical Karaoke CD+G song is 30MB to 60MB in size. A full disc would be in the range of 650MB-750MB. With the fastest Internet connection, it would take hours to download. This is not reasonable with today's technology.

As Brian suggests, you might try our Karaoke Home Producer software that allows you to make your own Karaoke songs. It can be a lot of fun making them, and then again... singing them.
Old February 25th, 2002, 12:05 PM

oh well, since I have already spent a mint on Karaoke products, disc, and plextor with software whats a few more bucks.. Thanks for the reply's
Old February 25th, 2002, 04:46 PM
Frequent Member

Actually Cavs sells downloadable songs and a program to convert them to a burnable cdg file. But beware, They can triple charge you the price of their songs if you use their purchase method.