MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 10th, 2011, 01:03 PM

KhPro 5.01 upgrade

Since upgrading to the new 5.01 I have not been able to use MP3 files. I get get an error message each time I open the program telling me I haven't got the correct lame_enc.dll file. I have gone to the site recommended in the error message several times and downloaded the lame MP3 encoder file as directed. I then extracted the lame_enc.dll file to my C:|Windows\System folder as instructed but I still keep getting the error message. I have done this numerous times with most all of the lame MP3 encoder files on that site with no success. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit OS.

After all the frustration today I uninstalled the program and went back to the 5.0 program and it works just fine with MP3 and WAV files and exports to BIN files with no problems.
Is there a glitch in the upgrade or am I just not smart enought to figure out what I'm doing wrong?
Old July 11th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Super Moderator

Re: KhPro 5.01 upgrade

Have you read this post, may help:
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...highlight=lame

Reboot the computer after loading it.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:05 PM

I have pasted and repasted that lame file and booted and rebooted too many time to count. It just isn't recognized by KHPro 5.01.

I finally uninstalled the upgrade and reverted back to the 5.0 version and everything works just fine. I'm not a tech person but I know something is wrong somewhere. I'm just not knowledgable enought to know what it is.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:14 PM

I also posted a help ticket on the support page. A big help that was. All they could tell me was how to paste the lame_enc.dll file into my windows/systme folder. I know how to do that and have done it several times. I may not be a tech person but I am can read and follow instructions. Seems the MTU folks are happy to sell you a program but not too keen to help with a problem. I've just given up and returned to the old 5.0 version which works without a problem on my computer. So much for tech support.
Old July 11th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

In the link I posted previously, the other fellow stated that he pasted it in both System 32 folder and system folder.
Did you try that ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 11th, 2011, 02:24 PM

I have tried everything I can think of. I posted it in the system folder only, the system32 folder only and then in both folders. I have downladed it from the site MTU recommens as well as other sites, deleted and repasted it too many times to count. It is still there in both folders but the 5.01 version will not recognize it for what ever reason.

I don't know why the older version works just fine but the upgrade doesn't. If I convert all the MP3 files to WAV or WMA they work but it is an extra step I've never had to use before and a bit of pain especially if I'm making several songs at once. I buy a lot of sound tracks from overseas that aren't found on karaoke and make my own unique songs so sometimes it is a lot of work and it was a bit easier using MP3s.
Old July 11th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Administrator

From the /upgrade/KHPro.htm page:

"Once you install the Lame_enc.dll you can open .MP3 files, add a Title Page and/or Credits Page, which extends the original audio file length, allowing you to add the lyrics in sync, then use the File menu "Export as MP3+G" command to create your new finished Karaoke CDG file."

In 5.00, you couldn't add a Title or Credits page onto a CDG song created with an MP3 audio file. In 5.00 we simply copied the original .mp3 file as the exported .mp3 audio file, which did not require converting the same file to the same file.

First, thank you for submitting a Ticket. You received our NORMAL answer to lame related installation problems. Since you didn't submit a followup ticket explaining you had done that as you post directly above, you should not slam MTU's support. We responded to your request without knowing the full problem and what you had done... and no, I have not read your Ticket so you may have stated these facts, but I expect it was scant as we normally receive in the first Ticket.

MTUSUPPORT is a "pit bull" and won't let go of a problem until he knows it is soved. Patience on your part is also needed to solve your unique problem. So far, no others have reported the problem you have. It may be a mistake in our recommended installation steps (which I will then see is corrected), or it may be something unique about your computer. If you want our help to get 5.01 installed and working for MP3, then submit a followup Ticket with the facts above.
Old July 12th, 2011, 10:44 AM

I did in fact post a reply to the answer I recieved on my origanal ticket. Maybe it got lost in the shuffle someplace but I did respond that I had already done the lame_enc.dll pasting into the C:\Windows\System folder. I never got a response from that. Other than pasting the file into the system folder I don't know what else to do.

In any event, the 5.0 version allows me to use MP3 files and then export them to BIN files to put on a CD. I've used this program in it's various versions for probably 8 to 10 years with hardly any problems and I like it's ease of use and the desired results. I was just very frustrated that I had followed all the directions for the lame file and it still didn't work with the upgraded version.

The 5.01 works if I convert the MP3 to a WAV or WMA file but then I can't export directly to a BIN file as I have been doing for a long time. I'll just continue to use the 5.0 version until I or someone can figure out a way to correct the lame issue.

I probably shouldn't have come down so hard on the support foks but after days of trying to solve the issue on my own with no results I was really frustrated. I thought my reply to the first ticket was just being ignored. My apologies to them.
Old July 12th, 2011, 01:17 PM

The problem is you are downloading the x64 version. If you download this version, you can copy the file every where you wish, and it will NEVER work. You must download the X86 32 bit version, as stated in the instructions on our side panel. If you do not do this, you will always have this issue.
Old July 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM

Maybe it would help if I could know which version to download. There are 8 different dowloads available. Your instructions say to click on the "download lame encoder" current version at the top and download the first file. The first "download file is 398.4. I've downloaded that one several times and pasted that lame_enc.dll file to the systems folder with no luck. I've downloaded the 3.99 beta version and done the same thing with no luck. I don't see any x86 32 bit description anyplace. I'm assuming if they don't say 64 bit then they are 32 bit versions. Maybe I just don't understand the instructions
Old August 10th, 2011, 12:15 AM

I've been having the same problem. I've downloaded every one of those lame files and pasted to the system folder by itself, the system 64 folder by itself and to both rebooting every time with no luck. So now I just convert to wav. format, do the song, export bin. and convert to mp3+g. It's not a big problem for me except that I tend to accumulate wav. files in some folders and then I have to go back and delete them since they are large files. But either way, it's not too much of a hassle. I do understand what the previous poster feels because it would be less work if the lame encoder worked for Vogone and KHP, but it's not a big deal to me. I just love it that Vogone and KHP work so fantastic that I can overlook this minor inconvenience. Again, great work MTU on all the fantastic programs, and if you can figure out the problem some people are having with the lame encoder, that would be icing on the cake.

JRMERC
MEMORIES & MORE
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:31 AM

I have been using the KHPro program almost since it's inception and I too like it very much. I will continue to use the older 5.0 version because I'm simply tired of trying to get an answer from MTU as to why the upgrade doesn't work properly for me. I can't even get a WAV file to work in the upgrade. I have to convert every song to a WMA file before anything will work. It's an inconvienience I shouldn't have to put up with. I will continue using KHPro because it is the easiest and best program I've found for making CD+G files. I am however disappointed with the degree of tech support I've recieved from MTU and that's too bad.
Old August 10th, 2011, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Snyder View Post
I have been using the KHPro program almost since it's inception and I too like it very much. I will continue to use the older 5.0 version because I'm simply tired of trying to get an answer from MTU as to why the upgrade doesn't work properly for me. I can't even get a WAV file to work in the upgrade. I have to convert every song to a WMA file before anything will work. It's an inconvienience I shouldn't have to put up with. I will continue using KHPro because it is the easiest and best program I've found for making CD+G files. I am however disappointed with the degree of tech support I've recieved from MTU and that's too bad.
I do understand what your saying. It would be much easier if the lame encoder worked, and I'm sorry if I sounded indifferent to what you were talking about, but for me, it's not a big problem coverting the files. I don't understand why WAV files don't work, but at least you're still able to do songs with WMA. Hopefully MTU will get to the bottom of this and get it working in all formats.

JRMerc
Memories & More

Tags
lame_enc.dll error