MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old November 8th, 2011, 11:58 AM

Help Dale!!

Since i got this new puter, i can't access my private messages from the notice in my email? it says you updated my settings again or something? It will let me click the link, sign in , then just flashes..huh? Now i have to log into the forum, then go to notifications, then my incoming. NOT A BIG DEAL...NOT A COMPLAINT..just curious if there's something i can do to fix it??? Sure is handy dandy just to log in from the notice, then check my mail. Thanks as always for your concern..George
Old November 8th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Help Dale!!

When you log in, did you tick the box "remember me"
and don't press the log out link when finished, just close the page in your browser.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old November 8th, 2011, 02:13 PM

Thanks roy. It's not a cookie thing. And my computer delete's all cookies, and all browsing history upon leaving any site. I get such an overwhelming amount of spam and junk mail, my McAfee deletes all history. It is only an issue with my incoming private messages. I can as i've mentioned log into mtu communites from my mail client. I have mtu in my "Safe" list. George
Old November 9th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicman51 View Post
Thanks roy. It's not a cookie thing. And my computer delete's all cookies, and all browsing history upon leaving any site. I get such an overwhelming amount of spam and junk mail, my McAfee deletes all history. It is only an issue with my incoming private messages. I can as i've mentioned log into mtu communites from my mail client. I have mtu in my "Safe" list. George
George, what private messages are you talking about? Ones you get in the forums? I don't know what settings would have been changed in here and I haven't sent you any private messages.
Your not being able to open them from your email may be that your browser or McAfee is blocking your being able to open those directly. Can you open them once you have signed in?
Old November 9th, 2011, 12:06 PM

Quote:
When you log in, did you tick the box "remember me"
and don't press the log out link when finished, just close the page in your browser.
Yes i did roy, but like i said. It wouldn't matter anyway, as i delete all cookies, and browsing history upon shutting down my computer.

Quote:
George, what private messages are you talking about? Ones you get in the forums?

The private messages in my inbox on this community of course. Sorry dale, didn't mean that you sent me a message.... Yes as i explained i can log into the forum from my mail. Just when i go to open a private message, the screen starts to blink, and it says something about the forum updating my settings. Must be a forum clitch..no big deal, i just thought since i just changed computers the forum or you, or someone was doing something...Sorry for the alarm. I can log in then check them. Thanks