MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 31st, 2005, 10:47 PM

Trying to post again.....

Hoping my post will go through this time. Not trying to be rude here, just frustrated!!!

Running microstudio version 2.610 on windows xp pro. PC is a Gateway with pentium 3 processor, 256gb ram. Windows is up to date. Ran spybot search & destroy as well as ad aware, both of which are up to date. Defragmented hard drive. using a plextor px-712 purchased through microstudio.

When I use the duplicator program, the burn fails and I get this arror:

Error: 'WRITE' command failed on device 1:0:0
Read/write error or bad medium detected (o4h 00h 02h 03h 0ch 07h)

purchased microstudio and drive this past march and until about 3 days ago had no problems.

If I rip the tracks from a CD onto my hard drive and then burn them from the hard drive, burn will work with no problem. It seems to only happen when I use the duplicator feature. I also have Roxio Easy CD creator version 6, and the disc copier feature on that program fails also, whereas it used to work with no problem. (this leads me to believe the problem is something in my computer, being that 2 different duplicator programs do not work.)

I went to the device manager and un installed the drive, then re booted to re install it, still no luck.

Last month I installed an epson r2oo printer, and a dazzle video creator 90 video port. I don't know if this has any bearing on the problem, but the last time I used the duplicator program and it worked properly was before I installed these.

Hope you can help!
Old July 31st, 2005, 11:04 PM

Here's a link to the Microstudio FAQ's. Scroll down to the error message that you are getting. It appears that something is slowing your computer down.

http://www.mtu.com/kb/index.php?page..._v2&id=116&c=1

George
Old July 31st, 2005, 11:47 PM

Thanks George,

I read that link already, that is actually what prompted me to run my ad aware, spybot, and then defragment.

I have shut down all other programs exept microstudio when burning and still have the problem :-(
Old August 1st, 2005, 04:29 PM

A-C Man,
The problem is that something is in your system slowing it down, which is not allowing to transfer the larger amount of data to the drive. The reason the Duplicate will give a problem is that your trying to write a file size of about 650-750mb to the drive at once. Where as when you are using the Custom Assembly, you are only sending 30-50mb per song to the drive. So this is why your Duplicate feature is not working in either program.

You might try contacting Plextor to see if they can Help you find the problem. The items that I have in my post are the only things that I know that can make a difference. You might also try updating your Motherboard drivers from the manufacturer of your motherboard.
Old August 1st, 2005, 05:33 PM

Ok thanks Bryan,

I will try to cantact Plextor to see if they can help.

My next question is, can a hard drive that is almost full cause this to happen? I have a 30 gig hard drive, with only 7 mb of space left. Is it possible that I just have too much on my hard drive? I am getting an external hard drive soon, so I will try to copy and burn from it also.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 11:25 AM

Yes,
This could be possible, as Windows itself doesn't have any room to allow for caching of the virtual memory. You can end up crashing your system and losing everything running in this state, to tell you the truth.

It would not suprise me if this is not the actual cause, I didn't think about that, but it could do it. I will add this to my FAQ, since you have pointed this out to me. See if you can clear some information off and then try it and let me know what happens.

Also, I never feel safe running a Windows System without at least 1 gb Free. This is about the least you can really have and still have a well running system.
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:58 PM

OK here is where I stand.

I meant to say in an earlier post, I have 7 GB of space left on my hard drive, not 7kb.

Anyway, I got a 100 gig external hard drive. I set Microstudio to write to this drive when copying CD's.

I got nothing as a result and my burns still fail. A 100 gig hard drive that is completely free other than the info being written to it when CD's are being copied.

I am totally at a loss here. As I mentioned before, all other applications are shut down when I try to copy, and weeks before I had no problem whatsoever.

I am going to call plextor next, as I am wondering if my drive is bad.
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Frequent Member

could you tell us what disc you are trying to copy like SC8708 or CB6339 so we can tell you if we have a problem with this disc, and you might try maxblast to clone your hard drive to the larger one. Bob
Old August 10th, 2005, 11:32 PM

Do you mean the serial number of the disc? (the number located in the center of the disc)

Other than that, can't really find any numbers.

The ones I have used most (about 500 or so) is Durabrand CD-R's. (80 min. 700mb.) However, since this has happened, I have also tried Sony and TDK CD-R's, and a Sony CD-RW.

Tonight I discovered that a short CD (10 or less tracks, 30 minutes total time) will burn sucessfully. However, a long CD (60 minutes or so) always gets an error. I even went into msconfig and disabled the startup before burning.
Old August 11th, 2005, 12:09 AM

P.S.

It should also be noted that even when duplicating a longer CD, no matter how many tracks are on the origional, every single track copies to the back-up disc exept the last track. However, once the last track starts writing, the disc "spins down" (Meaning I can hear the disc in the drive slow way down" and it just stops and errors out. And it always happens after 20 percent. Tonight one got as far as 98 percent before failing.

When I hear the drive spin up after inserting the back-up (Blank) CD, it does not slow down while writing any of the other tracks (which tells me it is working properly.) It is only when it is writing the "last" track that it fails, weather it be a 13 track, 15 track or even 20 track disc.
Old August 11th, 2005, 05:31 PM

UPDATE:

I called Plextor today and explained everything that is going on. They told me to go to the plextor website and download the updated firmware for the drive and it should solve the problem.

I downloaded and installed the update, and so far have made about 5 burns, all of which have been sucessful, in both roxio and in microstudio.

I guess there were a bunch of people having problems, as the firmware was just realeased on may 20.

Hopefully from here on out everything will go good.