MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old March 26th, 2001, 12:21 PM

In MicroEditor 5.3, trying to get "Insert Amp Zone" to display the dialog box when inserting the zone doesn't want to work.

Setting it to display the box as the default doesn't seem to work either.

I always have to insert the Amp Zone, and THEN go to the edit menu and hit "Edit Zone" to get the box and make my adjustments, regardless of settings that say otherwise.

I usually don't need to see the "Skip Zone" box, and thusly always leave it off. However, inserting an "Amp Zone" and then having to go through several steps to adjust the settings takes extra clicks and time.

Anybody else seen or can confirm this?

One other one.....does "Normalize Project" with Segments set as "Individually" on a large project actually reliably do that every time? I haven't tested completely yet, but I seem to have been able to run a "Normalize" on a pretty big project, and then go to individual segments within the project, "Normalize" just that one segment, and get a different gain amount than "Normalize Project" on the entire project.

Just wondering......
Old March 26th, 2001, 02:54 PM
Administrator

We'll check on the Amp Zone problem.

Normalize Project finds the single highest sample in the entire project, by scanning every segment. It then uses this max sample to modify the amplitude of all segments in the project by the same amount.

Normalize Segment fines the single highest sample in that selected segment, and then adjusts the amplitude of that segment based on its highest sample peak.

What you explain is the expected results.
Old March 26th, 2001, 05:28 PM

Normalize

A. "Normalize Project" with "As a Group" checked seems to be working correctly

B. "Normalize Project" with "Independently" checked doesn't ALWAYS seem to pull every segment up to the max. It almost seems like it misses some of them if there's a lot of segments.

Maybe I didn't make that clear....sorry.

When I get time, I'll record 40 or 50 segments of test tones and see what's really going on....
Old April 3rd, 2001, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Amp Zone has a confirmed bug

We will make the Amp Zone dialog box display properly when the Defaults setting is enabled. This will be repaired in Microeditor V5.4.
Old May 10th, 2001, 04:19 PM

Lightbulb amp zone/ skip zone dialog

I had the same problem with the amp zone dialog not opening even though I had the default set to do so. I found that if I also set the skip zone dialog default to open on use, then the amp zone opened as well.

What I'd really like is for the amp/skip zone dialogs NOT to be modal. I frequently pull marking to measure amp zone start and end fades and type these values into the dialog window. In 5.3 I can't do this without continually closing and opening the dialog. For this type of editing I use the old 5.2c program I kept in a separate directory.