MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old October 18th, 2002, 05:11 PM

Cannot initialize kernel dsp code!

Hey folks,

Hoping someone might be able to help... Geezer! Are you there?

I just got my new system from MTU yesterday and when I try to open ME (v. 5.5), I get an error message saying "Cannot Initialize Kernel DSP Code!"

Also, when I run the ME Test program, it fails the Krystal Interrupt Test.

I've talked with Doug and we're kind of stumped. I switched the krystal card to a different PCI slot, it gave me IRQ #11. Originally it was on IRQ #9. This was sharing with the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant System, also on IRQ #9.

After changing PCI slots and getting a new IRQ (#11), I still get the same error code and it still fails the Krystal Interrupt Test.

I shipped them my krystal card from my original system. It is fully functional and works, so it's not a hardware problem with Krystal.

Anyone have any ideas or ever experienced this themselves? The Krystal card which shows as a multimedia device in the System area of the Control Panel now has it's own IRQ, but it is still conflicting for some reason!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff Gudenrath
Old October 20th, 2002, 11:32 AM

Jeff,
Please pull the Krystal board out again and clean the Gold Fingers off with a q tip and rubbing alcohol. Also blow all the chips off on the board with Compressed air, you can buy a little can for about 4 bucks at Radio Shack or any other computer store. Their could be some dust that has built and is shorting two pins on the DSP chip or one of the memory chips. This board was very dirty when I got it, and I cleaned it as good as I could, but didn't have any compressed air at work.

Also once you have done this put the board back in the system, then go to the Start Menu, Programs, Microsound, Setup/Test. Run this test and see if it gives you any memory errors or anything. If it does give you any errors Type in exactly what it gives you. If it is a memory problem that it gives you, then type it in exactly as it appears. It will give you PASS, ADDRESS, WROTE, READ, these will all give Larry information to tell me on exactly what chip is causing the error messages.

Please let me know what you find, this way I can get this to Larry ASAP.

Thanks,
Bryan Cox
MTU