MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old September 11th, 2002, 01:44 PM

VTS compatible plug-ins

Hi all,

Just came across a new card from Universal Audio which has their classic compressors, limiters and Pultechs available as plug-ins. Article says your system has to be "VST compatible" to use them.

Doug at MTU said they were unaware of the acronym and suggested I post. Any help appreciated.

Hi to all of you I last saw at the Riviera during one of our old annual MTU gatherings.

Mike Sullivan
sully@mikesullivan.com
Old September 11th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Frequent Member

VST=Nuendo

....This card is getting big play and amazing reviews from the Nuendo crowd. Apparently the Pultec and LA2A emulation are completely right on.

VST plugs are existent in the Nuendo format...I don't know of any way to use this directly in MTU without doing file sharing with Nuendo...I plan to try to install MTU on my Nuendo computer within the next week or so and see if I can read some input/output between the two.

....until then....
Old September 11th, 2002, 10:48 PM

Thanks for the info. When I got out of the music scene and into industrial, I sold the LA-2A, the LA-4's, the 1176's, the plates, etc.

Kept the 'ol classic mics, though... not completely ignorant yet. Best of the old mics, and best of the electronic editors with MTU.

I look forward to your posting your experiment results on this thread.

I'm running a Krystal 2400 on 98SE with the sync card. Doing more and more by ISDN now, Telos 9202 and Prima 220.

Thanks again.
Old September 15th, 2002, 03:59 AM

VST is a technology developed by Steinberg which, in some ways is similar to Direct X audio plug-ins. VST plug-ins are usually of better quality though because they are designed primarily for musicians and audio professionals.

http://www.steinberg.net/en/ps/start...ndex.php?sid=0

Eric Susch
rocket53@optonline.net
Old September 15th, 2002, 02:38 PM

Thanks Eric,

Hoping not to appear too ignorant, are such plugins compatable with MicroEditor and/0r all progrograms accepting plugins?
Old September 16th, 2002, 09:22 AM
Frequent Member

No....

----I am certainly not an expert on plug-ins, but my understanding is that each format has its rules and regs, and your program either recognizes them or doesn't. Medit can recognize and use DirectX (although I have yet to use this function), but doesn't have any software written to recognize VST. Nuendo (and, I'm assuming, Cubase, the other big Steinberg program) can utilize both....There is another set of plug-in rules and regs called TDM, which I believe is a Digidesign (Pro Tools) format.

Unless the software is written specifically to handle the format, it cannot be utilized.

My hope with MicroEditor is to utilize file sharing, not plug-in sharing- i.e. export a file to another program, process it, then import it back to MicroEditor....This can apparently be done now with some header editing with Cool Edit, and I am hoping to be able to do the same with Nuendo.
Old September 16th, 2002, 10:02 AM

Thanks for bringing me up to speed. That's exactly the info I was looking for.

Happy editing,

Sully