MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microeditor Software > Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5

Microeditor Help - Versions 5.0-5.5 Discussions for Microeditor versions that use Krystal DSP Engine audio card

Old July 5th, 2002, 10:19 AM

Unhappy HELP! New User

This message is rather urgent, and hopefully it will save me a lot of time. I am brand new to using Mircoeditor and I have a single segment that has on it 217 phrases, each separated by about a second of silence. Each phrase is easy to distinguish when viewing the segment in the visual sound wave format (not sure of correct term here). I created a Mark for each phrase, saved the mark as a wave file...and did this 217 times. I need to do this again, but I was hoping that there is some sort of automated way to tell Microeditor to just create a series of wav files based on the sections of the segment that are separated by silence. I can't imagine Microeditor not having this feature, but I couldn't find it in the help files, or in the manuals. Thanks!
Old July 5th, 2002, 05:49 PM

Wink

What you want to do is split the segment into multiple segments, eliminating the silences. "S" on the keyboard splits the segment at the play cursor. You can then drag the ends so the silence is removed or simply split the silences out and delete the silent segments with the keyboard delete key.

After you do this there is a batch save command that will save all the segments in your project as individual .wav files.

Eric Susch
rocket53@optonline.net
Old July 5th, 2002, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Save Segments as Files...

Eric did a great job, but forgot to mention the exact name for the "batch" export command. In this Files menu command you will find a number of selections, one of which specifies the file format. Set this to WAV.