MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

View Poll Results: How often do you use Microstudio to play tracks directly from a Karaoke CDG Disc?
Never 5 22.73%
Rarely 3 13.64%
Occassionally 7 31.82%
Often 3 13.64%
Very Often 3 13.64%
Always 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old June 10th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Administrator

Exclamation IMPORTANT POLL: Everyone please vote before June 20!

Please tell us how often you use Microstudio's ability to play tracks directly from a KARAOKE CDG Disc (not files imported to the Hard Disc Drive).

July 26, 2006: Based on the responses, we expect retain playing from a Karaoke CDG disc.
Old June 10th, 2006, 01:09 PM

Rarely...... I use Microstudio almost daily, and have for five years, but probably could count in the single digit range the number of times I've played a cdg track directly from the disc.

Last edited by George; June 10th, 2006 at 01:14 PM.
Old June 10th, 2006, 01:45 PM

Testing Purposes

Often.

I use it to test the contents of previously burned discs. I've been at this for a long time and all my discs are not properly marked. If MTU would fix the "end of song cut" problem, then I would use it for more than a tester and searcher.

I don't know the purpose of the poll, but would be very put out if the functionality of the player were cut from what it is now.

But, Market is Market, Cost is Cost and Price is Price

Good luck with whatever decision you're making.
Old June 10th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Honor Roll

I use Microstudio's ability to play CDG tracks to check the quality of imported tracks and tracks that have just been burned to a CD. Since I shorthand the track names to something like "T", there are time that I need to play a track to double check the song title to make sure that it's in the right position in the list. I very seldom play a track completely, just a short segment at the start. I would say I use the play ability about 25% of the time that I run Microstudio.

Gary
Old June 11th, 2006, 12:17 PM

I also use it for testing purposes after I burn a CD. I want to know if I have any problems with the disc before I take it to a show. I play the entire disc while I'm working on other things with a different computer. That way, I will catch the problems like colors changing and 'sparklies' before the singer does.
Old June 12th, 2006, 06:21 PM
Frequent Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Please tell us how often you use Microstudio's ability to play tracks directly from a KARAOKE CDG Disc (not files imported to the Hard Disc Drive).
It was a big selling point to me to have it able to play the tracks I imported before copying when I backed up my collection. I now use it to test view the discs I buy before importing to decide whether it is worth importing. So I would not upgrade if the feature was taken out.
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:44 PM

Lets add the ability to take files from Hoster & burn, since we've already done this in the first place!
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by annafh
Lets add the ability to take files from Hoster & burn, since we've already done this in the first place!
Microstudio 3.000 will be able to take KMA files and others and write them to a karaoke CDG format disc.