MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 14th, 2003, 09:12 AM

Cool Wav File creation

I am just starting to use the Vogone product (Bought the suite but Vogone is the only MTU product working as of yet).
I was wondering what you veterans use to generate your wav files. I came across CDex (a freeware package) a while back and have had great success riping my cds into Mp3s. It will also rip into wav files and convert mp3s to wav or wav to Mp3s. I've played with converting some of my MP3s back to wav files with this package. I've used some of these converted files in Vogone with decent results but it's obvious the songs have reverb in them. (Yes, I've read where Vogone can't help much with reverb) Do I loose much converting back or should I make a fresh wav file from my original cds?

No problems at all and I really like it so far but I'm just interested in getting the best performance....

Thanks,

Duayne
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:23 AM

Cool Originals are always better!

Quote:
Originally posted by Duayne.
Do I loose much converting back or should I make a fresh wav file from my original cds?

Duayne,

You are much better off creating fresh wavs from your originals. You always loose quality when compressing to MP3. Converting back to Wav only accentuate the problem.

Since you already have the suite, MicroStudio is an excellent tool to create wavs from your originals.

Good luck,

Jon
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:46 AM

Not quite yet...

Ahhh so MICROSTUDIO is the solution of choice. I knew it would back up CDGs but I didn't think of using it to create wavs. I am having registration problems so I haven't been able to play with it yet. I am hoping they can get me fixed today since I want to back up my existing CD+Gs before tomorrow.

Thanks for your help,

Duayne
Old November 14th, 2003, 09:54 AM

Duayne,

MicroStudio is the ticket for your wavs creation, additionally you can use it to compile custom disks and other goodies. I think you'll enjoy this piece of software.

I am sure MTU will get you going in no time.

Best regards,

Jon
Old November 14th, 2003, 10:36 AM

Can't wait

I am really looking forward to playing with it! Thanks again, Jon, for your help.