MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 2nd, 2009, 10:51 PM

No Video On Second Display.

Hey Guys I Have A New Laptop 2.5 Ghz. Dual Core, Nvidia 9600m Gt 512 Mb, 3 Gb Ram And Vista Home Premium. When I Play .vob Files(dvd Files) Doesn't Show On Second Monitor Only In The Primary Monitor(my Laptop) Is Not The Same When I Play Vcd Files. I Have An Old Desktop With An Envidia Which Is 5200 And 256 Mb And I Don't Have That Problem. I Had At First But I Don't Remember How I Fixed It And I Couldn't FIND A Thread With The Solution.
Can Somebody Help Me On This?

Thank You

Emilio
Old August 3rd, 2009, 08:01 AM

Are you using the latest driver for your video card? Check the web site of the manufacturer of your laptop.

Jim

Test Comp #1: P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM * XP Home SP3 * IE8 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Onboard Sound * Onboard Video * * * MTU Rack (Show Computer) * P4 3GHz * 3gb RAM* XP Home SP3 * IE7 * WMP11 * NF3.5 * Sound Blaster PCI-512 * ATI Raydeon 9200
Old August 3rd, 2009, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Will the laptop play VOB files on the primary screen? If not then you probably do not have a codec for VOB on it.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 01:54 PM
Super Moderator

Can you play the .vob files in Windows Media Player ?
If not, as dale said you probably need to download the codec.
Old August 3rd, 2009, 11:18 PM

Thank You

Thanks For Your Helps Guys. Yes My Laptop Playback The Vob Files. The Problem Is That There's Not Video On The Second Monitor Only In The Laptop Monitor.
I Have Not Tried To Play Them With Windows Media Player. I Will Try And See What Happens.
Thank You All For Your Reply
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:23 PM

Still have no video on second...

I still have no video on second display when i playback .vob files.
Wmp didn't playthem back too only the dvd's. I uninstalled and re-inst. k-like codec and driver updated didn't work too. Driver update outcome showed i had the best driver installed for the video card. I think the restore point in vista chages i didn't do it properly. I don't understand the instructions, seems like something is missing in it. I also think might be the port i use (vga) i will try the hdmi.
What makes me think is not the codec is that i have a desktop in which wmp doesn't playthem back too and i don't have that problem with hoster.
New ideas are welcome. Thank you all

Last edited by Emilio Guifarro; August 5th, 2009 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Add more info.
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

I moved this from your New Feature Request thread to here where this belongs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emilio Guifarro View Post
I still have no video on second display when i playback .vob files.
Wmp didn't playthem back too only the dvd's. I uninstalled and re-inst. k-like codec and driver updated didn't work too. Driver update outcome showed i had the best driver installed for the video card. I think the restore point in vista chages i didn't do it properly. I don't understand the instructions, seems like something is missing in it. I also think might be the port i use (vga) i will try the hdmi.
What makes me think is not the codec is that i have a desktop in which wmp doesn't playthem back too and i don't have that problem with hoster.
New ideas are welcome. Thank you all
What version of WMP do you have on this laptop and on your desktop?
I still say that part of the problem is that you do not have the Codec for VOB on this laptop. Obviously you do have that codec on the desktop, but may have an older version of WMP on it that will not play them regardless of the codec being installed.
If all the other formats play on the secondary monitor as you are set up then the VOB will show also when you find out what is keeping it from showing. In other words there isn't a problem with your secondary setup.
Old August 20th, 2009, 11:51 AM

had same Problem until Nero 9

I had the same problem until I installed Nero 9 and now I have no Problems whasoever....it installs certain codecs and actually made hoster run quicker and I haven't had a crash on the system at all....
Old August 20th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Be sure your Nero is not listed in the Start-up folder of the Start Menu. If you don't take it out of there you will have problems importing from disc. Nero (and Roxio) like to take control of the CD drive.
Old August 20th, 2009, 09:31 PM

Thumbs up Latest Findings On This Issue

I just found out that this type of video card I have on the laptop in question must or may have a chip that has to be compatible with the second monitor. In other words the monitor should have that chip too and since I am using a monitor that does not have hdmi conector but vga I am not able to conect the computer to the second display through hdmi only through vga but the vga does not have that chip and some video cards manufacturer display only black screen on second display.
I sow this in an internet site of a company that sales all types of adapters and I think the solution here is either to buy a display with hdmi conector or the adapter from hdmi do vga which will carry only the video to the second display and not the sound which I don't need it on the second display. It is very expensive $399
Well I think is very confusing this but in short what is bugging me is just the type of conector I am using. I have a second comp. to experiment with and it does have the same problem using the vga to vga port conection, but, I tried with the dvi port from the video card to a vga port on the second display(dvi to vga adapter) and uff! no problem.
So the viable solution to keep low cost is the dvi to vga adapter. My pc technician gave it to me.

But I thank you all guys for the effort you made to help me.

EMILIO, LATIN STAR KARAOKE SINCE 2003.

P.S As soon as I get the name of the site I will post it here so anybody with the same problem as me can find the solution. For now I forgot it.
Old August 20th, 2009, 09:50 PM

I got it

The name of the site is:http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/h...ble-p-202.html
I hope is usefull for all those who find themselves in the same problem as me.

Emilio