MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old July 12th, 2007, 06:05 PM

Thin Line burner compatability question, please

I'm a newbie to MTU.com and am interested in the SlimLine burner for laptops. I have a Dell Inspiron 9300 and don't know the actual dimensions of my current burner, nor have I ever tried to replace the burner in my laptop. I'd like to find out if the SlimLine will work, please.

Also, I'm an avid CDRWin and Plextor fan (I currently have the PX-760A and PX-716UF burners), so I am disappointed that the SlimLine will only work with MTU software, but am considering purchasing the software just because of the laptop SlimLine drive. Will the MTU software do all "normal" cd and dvd burning functions, please? Thank you.
Old July 12th, 2007, 11:32 PM
Frequent Member

Depends on what you call normal??.
microstudio will do karaoke cdg and music cds but not dvd.
also will convert all typs of music files, Great program. Bob
Test Machine #1
Windows XP-PRO SP3
Dell 4700c P4 3.2 GHz
2 Gigs pc2-ddr 4200 Ram
seagate 320 Gig SATA Hard Drive
107 Gigs free
Internal Sound Card
NEC 6650a Internal DVD/RW Slimeline
Jaton Nvidia 8400GS-Ex 512 Megs Ram On Board
All windows Updates
Old July 13th, 2007, 12:32 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenDeb
Also, I'm an avid CDRWin and Plextor fan (I currently have the PX-760A and PX-716UF burners), so I am disappointed that the SlimLine will only work with MTU software, but am considering purchasing the software just because of the laptop SlimLine drive. Will the MTU software do all "normal" cd and dvd burning functions, please? Thank you.
I am not sure why you say the Slimline will ONLY work with MTU programs. It is a CD/DVD burner just like all the others. All that MTU is saying is they have certified that it will work with CDG files and MTU software. That doesn't mean it won't work with any other programs.
Many of the slimline burners that the laptop makers put in their systems can't read CDG format, so MTU found one that does and sells it as a replacement for the included drives. And by the way they are all made the same size and with the same connectors so they are interchangable.
Old July 13th, 2007, 01:52 AM

Clarification

I thank you both for your replies.

This is from the MTU site regarding their laptop burner:
DVD+R CD+G Certified IDE Slim-Line Internal Burner

IMPORTANT NOTE: This laptop burner works ONLY with Hoster 3.303 and higher, and Microstudio 3.003 and higher.

It's only because of the above quote that made me think the burner wouldn't work with other software (CDRWin, for example).

I appreciate your stating that laptop burners are all the same size. My Dell Inspiron 9300 has a 17" screen and didn't know if other components may be larger also.

I'll reread product support information - hoping there's a satisfaction guarantee on the burner and will try a demo version of the software. Thank you, again.
Old July 13th, 2007, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenDeb View Post
IMPORTANT NOTE: This laptop burner works ONLY with Hoster 3.303 and higher, and Microstudio 3.003 and higher.
That simply means that no previous versions of HOSTER 3.303 or MICROSTUDIO 3.003 were programmed to work with that burner.

That's so present users of older software versions won't assume that the burner will work with any version of those products.

Erectile dysfunction treatment

Last edited by George; July 13th, 2007 at 08:45 AM.
Old July 13th, 2007, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
This is from the MTU site regarding their laptop burner:
DVD+R CD+G Certified IDE Slim-Line Internal Burner

It's only because of the above quote that made me think the burner wouldn't work with other software (CDRWin, for example).
I guess someone could read that and take it that way.
Admin this maybe needs a rewrite??

Quote:
I'll reread product support information - hoping there's a satisfaction guarantee on the burner and will try a demo version of the software. Thank you, again.
The folks at MTU do take pride in making sure the drives they sell are good before they go out to the customer. Each is tested to make sure they can read the CDG format before they release them.
As to the programs, I think you will like them all. I know I do and you will not find anything better or a company more willing to please its customers. And no I don't work for MTU.