MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old June 26th, 2006, 09:55 AM

Cool Ripping - No Song Info

I just purchased a Plextor PX-760u to burn my Sweet Georgia Brown Library to my hard drive. They are coming over, but all of the tracks are listed by track number (sgb001-01, etc). How can I get the song/artist info to tranfer as well?
Thanks
cp
Old June 26th, 2006, 11:02 AM

If you're importing into Hoster, you're in the wrong forum. Anyway, you have to rebuild the database after importing new material using Hoster.

If you're just importing to a folder on the hard drive using Microstudio, this is the correct forum and you type the title in before you import.
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:10 PM

Are you talking about cddb?

I noticed that sometimes my karaoke cd's will be recognized by some cd recognition service online. That only happens when I'm using a program that must have some agreement with (read-paid) the service. I believe MTU would have to pay somebody in order to have the cd recognized while using the program.

If I want to make some cd cover, which some programs like Nero, Roxio, etc. will make while recognizing the songs titles, then I rip the wave files using those programs and use the song titles for the cd cover.

George talked about naming the songs before ripping the cdg files. Wouldn't it be nice if after all that work, Microstudio could keep that info (on the same computer of course) and recognize the contents of the discs created. Perhaps the useful application of such capability is too limited to warrant a change.
Old June 27th, 2006, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jahern
George talked about naming the songs before ripping the cdg files. Wouldn't it be nice if after all that work, Microstudio could keep that info (on the same computer of course) and recognize the contents of the discs created. Perhaps the useful application of such capability is too limited to warrant a change.
Once the songs are named and imported with Microstudio, you can create a custom assembly, and then export the track listing to a .txt file. It's built into the latter Microstudio versions. I don't remember which version introduced that feature. I use 2.611.

I use that text file, edited to my needs, copied and pasted into Neato label maker to create my cd content listings.

Is that what you meant?

George
Old June 27th, 2006, 05:30 PM

Here's an example of what I'm saying. When I put a regular CD into my CD player, the player recognizes and displays the Artist and the Song title. I am trying to rip my CDGs to my hard drive, which is easy enough but the only problem is that none of the info is ripped with it. The files are for example: "sgb001-01" instead of "Elvis Presley - Hound Dog". I have over 300 CDGs to rip and if I have to manually type in the ide tags, it would take forever.
Old June 27th, 2006, 05:51 PM

CPFOHL, My last response was to JAHERN.

You still haven't told us which program you are using, so we don't know if you are having a problem or not.

If you are using Microstudio, either bite the bullet and enter the titles manually, or buy Hoster or Hoster Lite.

If you are using Hoster or Hoster lite, and are rebuilding the database after each import session, there is a problem.