MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 26th, 2005, 05:29 PM

music goes to fast for lyrics

I am trying to place lyrics in for a CDG for my contemporary Christian choir. I wrote the words and music and have recorded the band backup on right channel and singing group on the left. They will be singing with the tracks and it allows them to sing without books.

When I attempt to put lyrics in, I can use the space key to place them, but the lyrics get behind almost immediatly. By the time the first chorus is over the lyrics are 1/2 chorus behind. I have tried to click on the adjustment but they do not seeem to help. What can I do? I need these completed in two weeks.
Old January 27th, 2005, 01:24 AM

Re: music goes to fast for lyrics

Carl,

Are you saying the lyrics are behind the music when you play the track back, or you're getting behind as you try to sweep them?

If it's the latter, one would tend to think you're not keeping up with the music with the spacebar.

If it's the former, I'd take a guess that your audio hardware accellerators needs to be set slower.

If you're unfamiliar with the hardware accellerators try the following.

Click START, RUN.

In the box that opens, type in dxdiag and click OK

Once the dxdiag program has stopped running, click the tab SOUND 1.

Near the bottom of the page click on the HARDWARE SOUND ACCELLERATION LEVEL slider and move it two notches to the left.

Do the same for each sound tab you have.

If you notice some, but not full improvement, repeat the process, moving the sliders all the way to the left.

If this doesn't cure the problem, you can always reset the sliders back to full accelleration if you want to.

Hope this helps,

Geeorge
Old January 27th, 2005, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Also make sure your video card device drivers are up to date. To do this, visit your video card manufacturer's web site. The will have a "downloads" or "drivers" link to get them. Get the latest one for your Windows type (98, ME, 2000, XP).
Old January 27th, 2005, 01:39 PM

It it when I put the lyrics in. I am keeping up with the spacebar and tapping it on each sylable. The lyrics do not start changing until after the musical introduction (16 measures) then as I begin to tap, the lyrics change color but not as fast as I am tapping the spacebar. If I try to stop in the middle of the piece none of the tbs do anything. Any ideas? Carl
Old January 27th, 2005, 01:41 PM

I tried the suggestions above and the problem did not change. I am using a cpmpaq with a pentIII processor. This program has worked on a couple of tests like happy birthday etc. Carl
Old January 27th, 2005, 04:30 PM

Carl,

Which version of KHP are you using ?

Also, go back to the first page of the dxdiag and see what version of
DIRECT X you have installed. It must be 8.1 or higher for KHP recent versions to run properly. You'll find it on the first page, down near the bottom.

If it's anything less that that, try going to the Microsoft website and download the most recent version for your operating system. I believe 9.0c
is the latest. It doesn't matter if it's a higher version than 8.1.

George
Old January 28th, 2005, 05:53 PM

I would update your Directx and get all the latest drivers for your computer.

Also what video card are you using?
Old January 29th, 2005, 12:17 PM

I have upgraded and am buying a new video card today. I will keep you posted... thank you Carl
Old January 29th, 2005, 02:10 PM

Carl,

Hope this catches you in time. If you buy an ATI video card, make certain it says MADE BY ATI on the carton. Some say POWERED BY ATI. The POWERED BY variety are made by other manufactures using some ATI patented systems, generally sell for less, and have been known to be problematic.

Take care,

George
Old February 19th, 2005, 06:14 PM

Cannot get sound into KHPro

I have purchased a new computer and have installed the suite including Karaoke Home producer 4.10. Up until yesterday I was able to edit lyrics and produce CDG's. Today I am not able to add the music and get sound in order to sequence the words. My sound card seems to be OK as I can hear audio from several other programs including Cool Edit Pro. I see no tab that allows me to check if the audio is working. This is the second installation for this program, the first intallation being on the old computer. Please help! Carl Hoon
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:44 AM

I can't remember what the settings are, but the wav files must be in a specific format. I had a problem where the music went too slow, or wasn't heard. figured out I had increased the sample rate and it messed things up. I can't say this will help, but if it is in the right direction some of the vets here might be able to run with it...
Old April 13th, 2005, 11:21 AM

The .wav files must be recorded as Stereo 44.1khz 16bit, which is the standard CD format.

I would say run all of the Windows Updates on this computer from http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com

This should help.
Old April 13th, 2005, 03:40 PM

Finally just bought a new computer. I think the processor was too slow. Thanks for all the help ... it works fine now. You can close out this thread when you wish.Carl