MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old December 21st, 2006, 03:29 PM

Question New Comer/ Worried about purchasing MTU Products/Plextor760a

Hi Newbie here, I am just getting started with karaoke
and considering MTU but I am perplex at the threads I have read regarding getting things to work together. I started wirh CDRWIN using a Plextor 716a which doesn't work, a complete waste of time so I am looking at the 760a only to see some of you guys having the same problem.

Now most of my songs are in Mp3/cd+g files on my hard drive and all I want to do is burn them to cd's as and when required without having to become a PC techy and although I have already got gray that doesn't mean I want anymore.

If I buy MTU reommended Plextor 760a and software how do I know I wont back on this forum backing my hard against my pc trying to get answers to something that is supposed to work and then doesn't!!

Perhaps the above situation should be put to MTU direct but I thought I'd first try you guys get your everyday opinon on what a guy like me should?

Regards

Old December 21st, 2006, 04:05 PM

I have both a px-716, and a px-760. they both will do what you want with microstudio. The program has a great instruction manual built in, and will tell you most anything you need to know. Now is a good time to purchase with the discounts they have on the programs.

I have been using Microstudio for years, and have never had to use a manual to figure out how to use it. They have a really simple interface, they also have a demo you can try, maybe it will tell you what you want to know.

Good Luck
Gduns
Old December 21st, 2006, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Largeportion View Post
Hi Newbie here, I am just getting started with karaoke and considering MTU but I am perplex at the threads I have read regarding getting things to work together. I started wirh CDRWIN using a Plextor 716a which doesn't work, a complete waste of time so I am looking at the 760a only to see some of you guys having the same problem.

Welcome Largeportion to the Karaoke scene. The thread that you chose to post in happens to be several months old and definately out of date. Since the time this was going on MTU has made major changes to their programs , fixing this problem among others that have cropped up and adding new features making their programs the best on the market. The support we get from the staff at MTU is great and there are plenty of customers in here with knowledge of computers that can help too.

As far as the drives go you are no longer limited to Plextor drives. There are many drives that will work with both Microstudio and Hoster, two main programs MTU produces. If you check in the product list on the main website there is a list of all the compatible drives.

Which program(s) are you interested in?

Quote:
Now most of my songs are in Mp3/cd+g files on my hard drive and all I want to do is burn them to cd's as and when required without having to become a PC techy and although I have already got gray that doesn't mean I want anymore.

Do you want them to be in MP3/cd+g format when you burn them to the CD or will restoring them to uncompressed CDG format be ok? If you want them in MP3/cd+g format then use Roxio or Nero to organize and burn them. If you want the latter then Microstudio is for you. I know I sound like a salesman, but I assure you I'm not. Just a pleased customer.

Quote:
If I buy MTU reommended Plextor 760a and software how do I know I wont back on this forum backing my hard against my pc trying to get answers to something that is supposed to work and then doesn't!!
How do you know you won't get run over if you cross the street...you don't, but if you don't cross the street you won't be able to buy your groceries. I don't think you can name a single product that 100% of them work 100% of the time. In this case there are other variables that can cause problems such as computer software and hardware setup that already exists

I can tell that the MTU staff and all of us who have been here for a while will help you get it fixed if something doesn't work. Good luck and feel free to ask us anything.
Old December 21st, 2006, 04:53 PM

plextor 760

Many thanks for your replys and I hope tobe a customer of MTU very shortly probably just after Christmas.

Now If I am going to use Mtu Recomeded software[which one I, 'm sure of yet]
The main questions are:
1 Do I have to convert my current files [mp3/cdg] into another file say-bin and cue file before they can be burned to disc?
2 Does the software take care of all that and all i do is click through resulting in new cdg disc ready to be used in karoke machine at the end?
3 Which actual software do I need to accomplish Q 2

You can see from the questions above that I am a complete novice and have limited technical knowledge so any help you can offer would much appreciated.
My late father left me these mp3/cdg file in the thousands so I intend to pursue Karaoke much like he did only trouble is he never told me how did things so thats why I am starting from scratch I did inherit his voice but none of his technical skills.

Thanks Inadvance

Largeportion
Old December 21st, 2006, 04:57 PM

Largeportion,

The below link is to the Version History of Microstudio from the main MTU website. If you'll scroll on down you'll see that it has been some time since the Plextor's 716 and 760 have been added to the Microstusio upgrades.

http://mtu.com/support/microstudio-version-details.htm

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old December 27th, 2006, 09:05 AM
Administrator

I split these posts to a new thread as the prior one's problem with 2.612 not working with Plextor 760 drives wasn't even a problem. As George pointed out, we added 760 support into 2.613. The drive simply wasn't available when 2.612 was released.