MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old February 15th, 2006, 11:50 AM

Plextor Px-230A Does Support CD+G

I got a plextor PX-230A, when i tryed to read and copy a disc with Microstudio it wasn`t supported, but then i did a copy with Clone CD and it copied it fine, but the only thing was that i could only play it with my portable CDG machine and not the Microstudio software, to me this means that its not the plextor but the Microstudio that needs a update. If you can understand this, ya a good-1, think you can tell this is my first time on here, LOL
Old February 15th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Administrator

Welcome aboard PostieManPat. You're doing fine.

The other product uses DAO (Disc At Once) to duplicate an ENTIRE DISC IMAGE. They don't allow importing individual tracks, or playing songs. They only duplicate a disc.

Microstudio is written to import individual tracks using TAO (Track At Once) a very different method, which most drives will not support for CDG discs. That's what you are experiencing.

It is very complex to change Microstudio to work with DAO and decode the entire disc image back into tracks. I'm not expecting us to offer this. However, we may be able to read/write with more drives before many more months.
Old May 28th, 2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator

It is taking us longer than expected to get all the bugs worked out on interfacing using the newest technology. We now have Hoster importing KMA files from MANY drives available.

We are now working on a new product that will write an Audio CD disc from .wav file tracks using the new code we have. Once this works, we will implement writing KMA files back to a CDG disc. Once this works, we will upgrade Microstudio to use the new code for importing .BIN files, and writing .BIN files back to CDG discs. It may be in July, it may be later.

Watch the News page for the Microstudio 3.0 release schedule. We will update this date as our development advances.