MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old July 15th, 2004, 02:15 PM

Unhappy Testing KHP

I've been playing with the demo version of KHP because I've decided to create my own CDG's (about time!!). I've noticed something wrong with this software, it has the same problem as the playback with Microstudio, it removes 2-3 seconds on each track which is bad!!

I also noticed that it is so limited, can't read the lyrics from a mid or kar file, the window for the graphic is high resolution which doesn't give you a nice view.

The only thing you can do is create from a wave file and a text file but on the other hand it saves correctly on a cdg extension which can be played or burned using Micro.

When will the problem be resolve? Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

regards
Old July 15th, 2004, 09:36 PM

Re: Testing KHP

Quote:
Originally posted by mlepine
...it removes 2-3 seconds on each track which is bad!!
If you're talking about clipping off the end of a song, this seems only to occur in playback from within the KHP application. Once the track is converted to CDG and burned to a disc, the entire track plays all the way through.

Old July 16th, 2004, 08:45 AM

That's true in some cases, Wayne. In others, if the manufacturer didn't leave sufficient silence at the end of a track, when processed in KHP, and played back, it gets hung in a fluttering, and the only way out of it is to use an audio editor to add silence at the end of the track.

Rather than having to waste the time and doing the tracks over again because of that, some of us simply make the changes needed to insure adequate blank time on the tracks before ever processing them into a CDG.

In other instances, the clipping by Microstudio is noticable when played back, and in some it is not.

There is no "one size fits all" solution.

George
Old July 16th, 2004, 09:03 AM

Syncronize the graphic

If I convert a mid or kar file to wave using VSC, is it possible to extract the graphic from the same file so I can have the same syncronization as the original midi or kar file?

Of course VSC only reads midi file but I use a freeware to convert kar to mid!!

I'm sold on doing my own cdg's because I have at least 20,000 files and in French it's unlimited compare to cdg that has about 20 disk available on the market!!

Thanks
Old July 19th, 2004, 11:17 AM

Thumbs up I'm sold...

Well I'm done with the testing!

I've been compairing KHP with another similar software & I must say I prefer the MTU software even know it is more limited. I find it much easier to work with and more professional.

I would only recommend the possibility to extract the lyrics from a kar or mid file in the future?

I'm sold on this software and will buy in the coming days!!

Regards
Old July 21st, 2004, 04:37 PM

Extracting Lyrics or "Get out of the Kar!"

I'm sweeping the cob webs out of my brain and trying to remember working with a free program called "Kar Play" It allowed me to edit lyrics in .kar files. In order to do this you had to be brought to a page showing the lyrics. (Copy,Paste) If MTU does get around to adding the suggested new features, that's great. However, I bet that the real Midi Karaoke Players will be accomodating if you poke and prod the program.

If you need more info or would like to straighten me out feel free to PM

Good Luck
Old July 21st, 2004, 05:00 PM

Re: Testing KHP

Thanks Jahern for your suggestion.

I do know of a software that extract from the mid & kar but you still need to syncronized yourself

When doing my search for the perfect cdg creator I came across a software that extract from the mid & kar and it keeps the existing syncronization from the file!! It's fun if you don't know the song well enough to syncronized your self

Problem I now have is after confirming I will buy the MTU software it stop working Figure that one out!!

When I click on the icon the Demo windows pops up but the program won't open. I tried to unsinstall & reinstall but no change

What could be the problem

Regards