MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Vogone & Vogone Easy Software > Vogone Help

Vogone Help Post Vogone questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 23rd, 2006, 12:32 AM

Vogone and microstudio

I am just now trying to use my vogone to reduce vocals. However, I cannot get my song to download from MyMusic file. The manual says I need microstudio in order to put the music in wave file format. I do not have cdg capabilities on my computer. Will the program allow me to import wave files without that capability? I am not particularly interested in doing the karaoke at this time.
Old August 23rd, 2006, 07:51 AM

If you have Music Match it will convert the file to a wav. format.

Shuttle X ComputersWindows XP Pro. SP3 AMD 1.8 gig Processor1 gig Memory
Video NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 32 meg

Dell Laptop 1525
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1
4 Gig Mem. Vista Basic
Old August 23rd, 2006, 06:17 PM

Exclamation

You will get better results if you use the actual cd's to make the Wave files for use in Vogone. info is always lost in the MP3 conversion. Rip your CD's with Microstudio.
Beta Test Machine: DELL Inspiron 1721 * Vista Home Premium SP1 * AMD Athlon 64 dual core tk-57 1.90MHz * DVD/CDR Drive * 250GB HDD * 3GB RAM.

Show Work PC: Windows XP Pro sp3 * Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4 GHz, 4MB * 2GB DDR2-667 RAM * 80GB HD (C: for OS & Apps) * 500GB HD * 250 GB HD * DVD Recorder (Sony ADW-Q170A) * M-Audio Delta 410 Audio * ATI RADEON X1600 Pro 512MB video.
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Davis
I am just now trying to use my vogone to reduce vocals. However, I cannot get my song to download from MyMusic file. The manual says I need microstudio in order to put the music in wave file format. I do not have cdg capabilities on my computer. Will the program allow me to import wave files without that capability? I am not particularly interested in doing the karaoke at this time.
The guys did a great job in answering.

You also asked if your computer needed to be CDG capable. The answer is no. Microstudio can import "audio" tracks (from Audio CD or Karaoke CDG discs) as .wav files using any CDROM/CDR/DVDR drive that is supported, and many are. When importing as a .wav file, the graphic/lyrics data is stripped, giving you a pure audio file for Vogone to work with.
Old August 24th, 2006, 12:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmadmaxx
You will get better results if you use the actual cd's to make the Wave files for use in Vogone. info is always lost in the MP3 conversion. Rip your CD's with Microstudio.
Absolutely correct... 100,000%!

For best results, always import a .wav file direct from the Audio CD or Karaoke CDG disc. Microstudio makes this very easy, and very clean.

Converting an mp3 or wma file to a wav file will not work as well. MP3 or WMA compression removes frequencies from the left and right channels DIFFERENTLY... which reduces the effectiveness to be able to remove vocals, or lead instruments.