MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old January 9th, 2001, 03:57 PM

Post HP9150i Drive

I am considering buying another writer to add to my present Hp9300i which is a perfect writer at 8x speed on cheap but reliable locally aquired 80min blanks, unfortunately this drive is a poor reader at speeds below 8x on scratched disks, for this reason I have the excellent Yamaha 8824EZ which reads the worst disks at 4x withoout a glitch.

To add to my copying ability I require another writer and the HP9150i is now available in the UK at a cost of sub £100 (or $150 USD)!, the drive is the same spec as the HP9100i / HP9110i (ide8x 4x 32x) and it only looks like a rebadge by HP but I believe the drives ID string may have been altered to show its new name as "HP cd writer plus 9150", will Microstudio V.2.013 detect this drive and if not what fixes may be possible.

Cheers

[Edited by scottmcgavin on 01-09-2001 at 04:10 PM]
Old January 9th, 2001, 05:32 PM

I have an HP8100+ and a HP 9500 and have had no problem backing up or writing discs. I will say that all the discs I have backed up so far are brand new. I have managed a 10x back up no problem with a third party cd burning prog.

Only thing is about HP is they do not support 80 min burns.