MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 22nd, 2000, 10:25 AM
Frequent Member

Angry

I have Win98SE, Pent III 800, 384 MB Ram, Plextor CD-RW.

Version V2.001 worked flawlessly. Downloaded upgrade to V2.013. No problem. Worked fine. Three days later, program would not open. Double click the icon, will not open. Re-installed 013 again, problem solved. Works fine. Three days later, program will not open again. Re-installed 013, works fine. A few days later, will not open again.

This time, no matter what I do, the program will not open. I downloaded upgrade again. Still will not open. Deleted microstudio reinstalled. No good. Reinstalled windows. No good. Everything else on my computer works fine.

Someone please help!! How about it Dave..

Thanx,

Brent Smith
Old November 22nd, 2000, 10:39 AM
Frequent Member

Cool The fix...

Kuddo's Dave on your forum site. After posting this problem, I read a similar problem about V2.001 and tried your recommended fixes.

Re-installed Direct X, 7.a, no improvement. Put in a CDG disk, the program opened right up!! While I can't figure out why this solves the problem, it does!!

Have a great day.

Brent
Old November 22nd, 2000, 01:11 PM
Administrator

Brent, we did a demo yesterday with Microstudio V2.013. It ran the first time, we shut it down, later double-clicked it to run, it showed an hourglass cursor for 2-3 seconds, which went away and the program didn't do anything. We did this 3 times with identical results. We deinstalled V2.013, installed V2.001 and remarkably it acted the same. This problem was never reported with V2.001. After our client left, we tried it again and it ran perfectly. Thus, it is an intermittant problem... not an easy thing to reproduce or diagnose.

We are studying the code to see what could cause a lockup in 3 days as you experienced, or require a CD in the CDR drive to run. We had seen the CD requirement in V2.001, tackled the code and thought it was fixed.

Given the number of users that are running without problems, this bug appears to be related to the individual computer installation. We are trying to compile a list of questions to ask about your system to help identify what might be a common thread among those having problems.

Your system info was great, but is there anything you can think of that might be unique to your computer? We were running an 800MHz P3,but with 128MB RAM. Here are a few questions for you if you can find them:

What BIOS (Award, Phoenix, etc.)?
What motherboard PCI controller chip (Intel 815 or VIA, or other)?
What video card and how much RAM?
Old November 22nd, 2000, 01:44 PM
Frequent Member

Here is my system info:
P-III 800E, 384 MB RAM, Win98SE, ATI (all in wonder) video card w/32 MB RAM, Bios is Gateway an the most recent version, motherboard PCI controller chip is Intel 82443BX, Plextor 8/4/32A.

Brent
Old December 14th, 2000, 01:00 PM

This problem will also happen if you have a blank CD in the drive. Trying making sure there is no blank CD in the drive when you go to open the program. Could this have been the problem?
Old December 14th, 2000, 01:25 PM
Frequent Member

Thumbs down

No Bryan, it ocurred with No CD in it.