MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 27th, 2003, 08:45 AM

New MACID number

Hello MTU,
Having got my Hoster up and running on a homebuilt portable system I have decided that all my Microstudio programmes should be together on this one system.
Most others KJ's, who have been in contact with me, seem to think this is the best way of getting the most from the Microstudio programmes
Problem now is....getting a new MACID for KPRo4
I only intend to run it on my new machine and intend to delete it from my current desktop, which I am now going to use for graphic design only.
I only have one internet Broadband connection and if I connect my new machine to the internet through this, it will register its unique ethernet code, which of course, will be different to my current one.
My download options are still in credit, not having used the 8 up.
I don't want the extra expense of buying another license or the inconvenience of having to use two computers to access my split Microstudio programmes.
Please advise
Regards from the UK
Garry
Old August 27th, 2003, 10:16 AM

Question Macid

Garry,

I can't answer your question but perhaps you could answer mine?

With the new Macid System, do you need to always be connected to internet to run Hoster or Micro 2.5? Or it's for installation only?

At the moment, my budget will not allow me to purchase Hoster but believe me the desire is there!!

I hope the answer is for installation only or else there goes my desire...

Thanks
Old August 27th, 2003, 10:25 AM

mlepine,
You dont even have to be connected to the internet altho that is the fastest way to register. You do need an ethernet card( that is where you get the macid) on the machine. If you want to move hoster, or kpro to c diffrent machine all you have to do is put the ethernet card, or adapter on that machine and it will work on that machine. the ethernet card (macid) is what makes the program work from the license. But I understand that on the future kpro5 it wont need the ethernet card to work.
Old August 27th, 2003, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Thumbs up Correct on both counts!

The MACID is used for installation. The current KPro 4 (and Hoster) do not need to go on-line over the Internet to install. The MACID is in your network/ethernet card. Whether it is attached to the Internet (via a DSL or Cable modem) or not does not matter at all as we don't go on-line.

The new security we have just finished releasing with Microstudio 2.506 fingerprints your computer with a sophisticated logic to determine if you are installing on another computer or not. The MACID is "part" of the fingerprint, where with KPro 4 and Hoster 2.014 (and prior) it was the ONLY component of the fingerprint.

The new security does require you go on-line to the MTU web site to register. However, we have provided a rather polished means to use a floppy disc to complete the registration on another computer IF the computer you are installing on is NOT connected to the Internet. Thus, you can complete the registration via any on-line computer, but the final installation still occurs on the computer you are installing on.

Click here for more details if you are interested.
Old August 27th, 2003, 12:24 PM

MACID

Hello mlepine,
Sorry, everyone else beat me to it, before I could reply.
I got my answer and you got yours.
Although Hoster seems expensive I can say it was money well spent, it makes everything sooooo easy.
I wish Microstudio had a similar database to Hoster's for CDG's which could be accessed from an ID, instead of having to type in all the information needed, although I suppose it would make the product more expensive.
But if you own more than one programme why couldn't they be interchangeable? Especially if you already have Hoster and the database.
I realise lots of folks don't need databases to sing their selective songs especially if they are not KJing.
I had MTU products long before I started KJing but like a lot of others you always want the latest and best, even if you can't afford them
Seems like we've covered almost evey product except KPro!
Regards from the UK.
Garry
Old August 27th, 2003, 12:38 PM

Thumbs up Quick Answers

Thanks Garry & Admin for your answers.

As I mention on another thread, I don't run a show but I'm having fun at home and I have to admit that after trying the Hoster Demo I fell in Love Again!

The fact that you can change the Key while it's playing & also been able to compresse to 3-4 M a song is enought to sell me the software.

The problem I have is my $ exchange, it will cost me over $400,00 CAN to purchase! So I have the option to buy another Hard Drive of 200 Gigs for half the price and just use Micro with Wave Files?

I'll think about it & hope a GOOD PROMO will come...

Regards