MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old August 23rd, 2003, 12:31 PM

Unhappy Music is cut off at end

All that work and the final few seconds are clipped??? From what I've already read on the forums this sounds like a K-Pro 4 problem. Is there a fix for it?
Old August 23rd, 2003, 01:40 PM

Joeyoke,

I'd like to read up on this problem, but cannot find any titled threads in the Kpro forums dealing with it other than yours. Would you mind posting where you found them? It's not an across the board occurance with Kpro4008, and I like to keep informed.

Thanks,

George
Old August 23rd, 2003, 06:35 PM

Reply to George regarding music cutting off

George,
I used the search under the kpro4 help choice and typed in "music". I found someone named jimbo discussing it with someone else...
http://forum.mtu.com/showthread.php?...ighlight=music
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!
Old August 23rd, 2003, 07:31 PM

Yeah, I checked it out and remember it now. I just forgot about it, as it's not that common a problem.

There were two others who experienced it. One said that the clipping only happened when he played it back in Kpro but not after he finished exporting it to CDG. It played fine when played back in Microstudio.

Have you tried doing that?

As I said in that thread, I use an audio editor called Goldwave, and as a matter of course I always make certain there is some blank space at the beginning and end of every track.

My theory may be all wet, but I think in some cases there is not much if any blank space at the end of the music track and the credits page "robs" loading time. This is not supposed to be the case, but if it isn't then why would adding time like some of us do eliminate the problem?

As few users that this happens to, it may some way be a system conflict in the graphics area. I don't know.

Have you tried using other tracks to see if it may just be that particular track?

Sorry I couldn't come up with a solution.

Take care,

George
Old August 24th, 2003, 05:26 AM

My recollection on this problem and solution was to make certain that the DirectX settings for Sound Acceleration were turned down to "Basic" acceleration. This seems to be a problem prevelant in most of the MTU products. IF the acceleration is too high, problems arise.

Have you tried turning down the acceleration? To do this, click on "START" then "RUN" then type in "dxdiag" after that loads, click on the tab that says "SOUND" from there find the slider that deals with acceleration of the audio card. Turn the slider to "Basic" or "NONE" this helped me with the audio clipping on the end of my songs. Even if the audio clipped, it didn't affect the final product, assuming I keyed everything in correctly.

Hope this helps
Old August 25th, 2003, 09:18 AM

Thanks

I ended up adding time to the end of my song with the software I have. Thanks!
Old August 25th, 2003, 04:01 PM

That Common a Problem

Apparently both Microstudio and KPRO have an issue with clipping. The remedy is to splice some more silence to the end of the file. (Assuming you don't want to add any more music to the file.)

This is not a problem related to whether your equipment or settings are right. I have seen problems in these forums (people can't get their serial number etc.) I just think "I'm glad that's not me" This problem will happen to you, I guarantee it, if you come across the right (wrong) kind of file.

It certainly isn't a common problem, not because of our religion, intelligence or computer set-up, but because the songs out there, 99 of 100 have an acceptable amount of silence after the music. Those that don't, will clip on you.
Old August 25th, 2003, 04:05 PM

What songs do you have that clip?

Since this is the KPRO forum, I guess you are adding time to a wave file. Adding time to a cdg file is a different beast.

(I tried to edit my previous post and was still forbidden. I am on a school computer with different safegaurds; perhaps that is the problem)
Old August 25th, 2003, 04:20 PM

Sad really... such good products and this little insignificant problem.... I have had the problem at the end of the song but if I tap out the last word or words, they come out fine...

I was told once, however, that the Audio acceleration needed to be at Basic... Seems I remember one of the MTU staff telling me that. Oh, well.