MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Closed Thread

Old June 20th, 2002, 08:30 AM
Blocked From MTU.Community

Thumbs down Are You A Reputable Company

Your company should be ashamed of their self’s, Someone wants a batch file to enable the software (that they bought from you) to recognize a new hardware like a newer CD-Writer, which is very common in your case (which any REPUTABLE company will provide as a FREE backup service to their product), BUT NOT MTU.. MTU will refer you to a link that forces you to pay $15 so your software can recognize the new hardware!!! And I bet, your answer will be,” we are giving an upgraded software version which we are charging $15 for”,,, Well MTU your software user is not interested in your new version, all they want is your old version to recognize the new hardware,, which is not much to ask, and…( which any REPUTABLE company will provide as a FREE backup service to their product).

BigBrother next post (after I read the reply to this message) Our Reply will be, where to download a software from a reputable company that does everything that MTU software do, with FREE hardware recognition batch files,, and.. We will leave it to you the user to tell the world, who is a REPUTABLE company.

ADMIN: I find it most interesting that you are registered with an email address that has never bought any products from MTU. It is clear that you are NOT a disgruntled customer, but rather a disgruntled competitor. If you care to identify yourself to us, then you may email me directly.

We are always interested in improving our service, but in your case it is not an issue. This is not a customer complaint.

Since you are not a customer, you would not know what our delivery emails tell you. Thus, I will tell you here, as MTUSUPPORT did below. When you purchase our product, you get a personal link to download the software. This link can be clicked up to 8 times, and we have even extended some links when appropriate.

When we release a free upgrade, even with major feature additions, all existing customer download links are upgraded to get the new version for free. Therefore, your complaint is clearly not as an MTU customer, but someone who is trying to defame MTU.

I am leaving this post in this Forum for others to see the type of hide-your-identity tricks some people will stoop to over the Internet.
Old June 20th, 2002, 09:17 AM

Yeah right on Brother.

I want Microstudio to work on my Amiga 1200 and it just won't installl man
Old June 20th, 2002, 11:22 AM

To say one is not reputable is to imply they are disreputable. Although I tend to agree with what you are saying regarding support, I hardly think MTU is disreputable, or unusual. Let's take a quick look at some well known "reputable" companies and their philosophies.

ROXIO(Adaptec)..purchase the $99.00 Easy CD Creator upgrade. wanted to record lp's on to cd's and have tracks split automatically, which they claim to do. They do it. There's an adjustment for doing it. At one end of the slide the software is so silence sensitive it made 14 tracks out of six songs. At the other end it made one giant track. Couldn't find the happy medium after one full day. Contacted their support and was advised to get some audio editing software. Have Goldwave and gave up on it also. Much easier to do it manually.Anyway Roxio's policy is, upgrades offered free, BUT free support limited to 90days. A trade off, for sure.

MICROSOFT..No support for Windows 3.1...but gosh, how old can you get? Not too old for someone who is satisfied to use it for their needs, just as you are with an older software version.

ACER.. well known, REPUTABLE drive manufacturer. Told my p.c. guru to find me a burner with CDG capability. He showed me Acer's advertising on their website claiming Karaoke capability. I nodded, he got it, and it would not work. After a month of messing around with their support people, they got as frustrated as I, and I got to talk to their engineer. He told me flat out that they did not support cdg and never would(that was 3 yrs. ago). He said they supported VCD. I told him their advertising was deceptive, as CDG was the accepted norm in Karaoke and that's what people would assume they meant. I asked him what they were going to do about it, as the drive was useless for my purpose. he said they were TECHNICALLY CORRECT" and would do nothing. My p.c.guru ate it, as I'd specified to him I wanted CDG capability. How's that for reputable?

NORTON INTERNET SECURITY... free upgrades expire in one year, yet they are reputable, are they not?I didn't bother to look any further, I think this is enough.

Put that rifle away and get out a scatter gun when labeling either hardware or software manufacturers as unreputable.

Before you tell us all where we can buy software from a reputable
company, do yourself a favor and research your nominees on all these forums and see what, if any, experiences MTU's clients have had with them, before coming to MTU, and pay special attention to their "user friendliness."
Old June 20th, 2002, 01:15 PM

Big Brother,
Just so you know, if the client has purchased since January 15th, 2002 then they can just click on their link and it will automatically allow them up to 8 Clicks to get upgrades for that product. If they have used them all up in one download or didn't save this email, then they will have to purchase the Upgrade for the new link.

Do you not think this is a reasonable way to allow for upgrades? This allows security for us, because each client has a link assigned to them. Are there any other companies that keep giving free upgrades forever anymore? I have run across a few, but the updates are very scarce and far in between. We do have to make the money back to pay the programmers for the work done on the updates.

If we were a huge company and didn't have to worry about money, we might beable to afford giving them away. We are a small company, and we know our clients and most of our clients are happy with the products that we have and deliver to them.

I am sure that some of the clients may happen to tell you this in other posts at some time or another.

Can I ask what made you disgruntled with our company? So that we can try to understand why you have this attitude towards us? Do you currently own any of our products? Were you happy with them?
Old June 21st, 2002, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Thumbs down Good by BigBrother

I wish you well in your endeavors in life. However, posting invalid complaints against us, and insulting our good name is not appreciated or acceptable. I have answered your post by editing my message into it.

Please, make yourself at home with one of our competitors.
Old June 22nd, 2002, 01:52 PM

Correction admin, you are the competition.

This looks like an excellent opportunity to air a thought I've had for some time. It's not the first time a "non-buying" member has come on with this sort of thing. Some have modified their statements after time and some just seem to get their kicks off displaying their smarts all over the forums, haven't paid to play, yet keep posting, posting, posting. If the shoe fits wear it.

I'd like to see the forums modified to allow anyone to read, but only MTU customers to post, and possibly only in the forums that they have purchased products. A separate thread could be set up in each forum for the convenience of those who are shopping, and have legitimate questions about the product they are considering. At least all the "stuff" would be confined to those "shoppers threads" and not cluttering up the airways in general.

Will brace for the storm.

George

Last edited by George; June 22nd, 2002 at 03:07 PM.
Old July 17th, 2002, 11:14 AM

Thumbs up I have to agree with George this time

I have to agree with George this time, I would only like to see those of us that own a MTU product able to post threads to help those having problems. I remember how much help I got from Bryan when I first got Micro Studio, and would have been upset to be led down the wrong path if a competitor would have been playing bad guy on the threads.

It took me several weeks to get it working, my Compaq did not want to play well with others, I now know Compaq has drivers and fixes to download on their site, another hint from Bryan.

I'll have to admit trying CDRWIN and not liking it at all, and having Clone CD, I think it and Micro Studio together do everything I want to back up CD+G.

Yes MTU sells good products, and from what I can see, go above and beyond to make sure it works for us the customer.

Last edited by jim in ohio; July 17th, 2002 at 08:11 PM.
Old July 17th, 2002, 01:28 PM

Let's all try to work with facts customer or not!

I was sorry to read BigBrother's post because I think it would have been better to ask some questions before drawing conclusions about MTU. I've been posting to this forum for just a few months, and I have found MTU to be an honest company with hard working people on staff. I do not yet own an MTU product because I already own CDG burning software. I follow this forum because of the upcoming Hoster program. As with many forums I visit there will be misunderstandings but the forums are better left OPEN to all.
Steve
Old July 18th, 2002, 01:16 PM

You amaze me

You amaze me, Steve. Big Brother's remarks weren't really that much more critical of MTU as were most of your beginning posts on these forums, also without doing your homework. Post after post without one good word for MTU, and now here some sixty odd posts later you're extolling the virtues of MTU's support. Not the products, just the support. No financial committment(poorly rationalized), just lip service , because you want something. Your tone has done a 180 ever since about the time you asked to be a Hoster Beta Tester, yet you still continue to tout competitive products on another man's website.

It calls to mind an incident in the life of Napoleon. Obviously a controversial figure of his time, he was subject to a great deal of criticism. The story goes that when asked how he tolerated being the brunt of such criticism he replied to the effect that he did not fear his critics, but rather those that stood at his side and smiled.

Last edited by George; July 18th, 2002 at 05:17 PM.
Old July 18th, 2002, 04:25 PM

THAT'S THE WAY IT IS SO JUST GET OVER IT!

George,

I have no products to peddle and I therefore cannot profit by posting information and asking questions about MTU karaoke players and other competitive products. The internet has thousands of forums where people do exactly the same thing without having ownership of programs.

Enjoy!
Steve
Old July 18th, 2002, 05:20 PM

That still doesn't make it right

That still doesn't make it right, but then that's why they have chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

take care,

George
Old July 18th, 2002, 08:12 PM

you're very close to the source

Be careful or you'll lose all your objectivity.
Old July 19th, 2002, 09:25 AM

Smile Thanks for the compliment

Thanks, Steve, for cautioning me that I may lose my objectivity. I consider it a compliment to be perceived as being objective. The line between objectivity and hypocrisy is such an obscured and fragile thing that one must remain ever conscious of where he treads.

Now we are off in an area that would be better served over a few cocktails or a stein or two. Have a feeling it would be a highly charged, yet stimulating and rewarding evening.

Thanks again,

George
Old February 21st, 2003, 07:06 AM

The point was lost

The point was lost here.
The point is that I have soft ware
that goes know where because
it will not reconize my drive that
maybe compatiable.
But because one man say it is not
so then it will NEVER work as it has
been left up to one programmer
to say it will or not work!!!!
Give it the chance to work on a drive
that is not compatable!!!!!!!
or the option to try a non reconized drive.
Old CD+G (1984 stuff)
Old February 21st, 2003, 08:27 AM

Search finds another thread which indicates the software you have is a demo. Smart move on your part. At least you're not out any money, and have no real complaint.
There are many drives out there that claim to do Karaoke, but in fact do not do CDG. I got burned with an Acer like that a couple of years back, and finally their engineer told me over the phone that they supported VCD and never would support CDg, and they would do nothing about it. That's when I started buying MTU CDG certified burners, and have not had a non-cdg compliant one yet.

Take care,

George
Closed Thread