MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old November 14th, 2000, 01:44 PM

Angry

When I try to record or play a CDG on my computer, the first four songs are alright, but from the fifth onward the graphics get all mixed up. Why is that?
Old November 14th, 2000, 01:52 PM
Administrator

More info please

Can you be more specific what you mean by the graphics getting "all mixed up".

1. Do the text letters/words appear correctly or are they scrambled and non-recognizable?

2. Are there extraneous dots on the screen outside the text characters?

3. Are there dots within the text letters that change colors randomly?

4. Do true graphic (not meaning text/lyrics here) images appear correctly?

5. What speeds do you have selected for the Record and Play devices?

6. What CD-Recorder manufacturer and model number are you using for the CDG discs?

Old November 14th, 2000, 02:06 PM

Angry Graphics mixed up.

The text letters appear correctly but there are extrangeous dots all over the text and the screen. I use the same device to Record and Play, a YAMAHA CRW 8824E at 1x speed.
My Operating System is Windows Me.
Old November 15th, 2000, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Problem is your Yamaha 8824 CDR is not CDG capable (irgnore Yamaha's claims)

Yamaha changed their firmware in the 8424 CDR (and 8824 to our knowledge). We could not get a proper copy of a CDG disc even a 1x. We communicated this to Yamaha engineering, but they refused to admit there was a problem. Thus, MTU does not claim support for the Yamaha 8424 OR 8824 drives. We cannot fix this as it is a drive hardware problem.

The extraneous dots appearing problem you report is one of the failure modes that the Yamaha 8424 exhibited in our testing. Thus, I am certain your problem is your CDR will not properly support the CDG format.

It is incredible that a CDR can work fine for Audio and CDROM and the firmware fail for CDG! However, our testing proves this in the drives we buy-test-sell. We rejected 5 of 5 of the last Sony drives we tested. TDK and Plextor are our current choices, but we still have some failures with these also!

In our tests, we look for the following:
1. No dots within letters changing to different colors than they should be
2. No dropped dots within letters
3. No extraneous, random dots outside of letters
4. No lyrics at all appear (incredibly, this can happen even on drives that claim CDG capability)

If we see any of these problems, we reject the drive.
Old November 15th, 2000, 01:29 PM

Thumbs down Graphics mixed up.

Going through Toshiba's Web I read that their Combo CDRW-DVD could read and record CDG so I bought it and to my surprise CDRWIN Software couldn't recognize it-yours either-
so I bought YAMAHA'S latest CDRW because I read it could read and record graphics and although CDRWIN recognized the Device I olny got a lot of noise and no graphics at all recorded so after a long search through the Web I bought your Software and to my surprise I can only see the Graphics properly in the four first songs so thinking that it could be my Graphics Card I bought today a TNT2 NDIVIA CARD with 32Mg which hasn't improved much and now you tell me that is YAMAHA'S fault, well I have spent nearly 1.000$ so I'm giving up, I'm not buying another Recorder, I think I'll kill myself to tears, it will be cheaper.
Old November 16th, 2000, 02:58 PM
Administrator

I'm very sorry you have bought bad CDRs in the past. We hear this often. We try to get the word out, but many companies do not tell the truth just to make the sale. Our goal is to help you be able to do Karaoke and preserve your discs before they are scratched.

I would strongly suggest you return your CDR drive for a refund. It does not do what it claims, so you have legal grounds to demand a refund. If it is within 30 days of when you purchased it they should have little complaint. However, it simply does not do what it claims to do. Period! Try and get a refund.