MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 16th, 2005, 06:08 PM

Post Can't copy a CDG

When I go to Import Tracks and copy all the CDG files onto the hard drive, as soon as I try to import the files to the Custom Assembly I get a message,
"The imported track type (wav/cdg) does not match the open project type. Click the Custom Assembly Tab and click the Audio CD Button"
I know if I do that, I won't get any graphics so I don't know what to do. When I first got the software, I made backups of all the CDG's without any problems. I am trying to make a backup of a disk that I already have copied before. I downloaded the latest version MicroStudio ver. 2.611, but the problem is still there. I am using the MTU Plextor DVDR PX-712A 1.05.
I tried using Duplicate Disk and it copied the music, but no graphics. If I put the original CDG in, it plays music and graphics just fine.
Old May 16th, 2005, 06:39 PM

Re: Can't copy a CDG

Quote:
Originally Posted by uawrich2
I tried using Duplicate Disk and it copied the music, but no graphics. If I put the original CDG in, it plays music and graphics just fine.
Are you positive the KARAOKE CD+G button was activated and not the AUDIO CD button?

George
Old May 17th, 2005, 07:54 AM

Post Re: Can't copy a CDG

George,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I am positive I had the Karaoke CDG button pushed. I've tried every combination I can think of.
Last night I tried importing the songs, then I went to Custom Assembly and selected the songs from the hard drive and it copied the cdg with graphics. It still won't let me import to the Custom Assembly or duplicate, but at least I was able to make a backup. I will keep trying. Thanks again for the suggestion.
Old May 17th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uawrich2
"The imported track type (wav/cdg) does not match the open project type. Click the Custom Assembly Tab and click the Audio CD Button"
This error message is telling you that without question, at least ONE of the files you selected to write to a CDG format disc is NOT in CDG format.

To detect which file is the offender, add ONE file at a time to the Custom Assembly list, then click the TEST CD button. If that file is bad, you'll see it.

If it is good, add a second file and test again, and so on until you find the offending file (or your list fills up).

DELETE THE OFFENDING FILE!
Old May 17th, 2005, 09:21 AM
Administrator

I moved this to the Microstudio Help Forum where it belongs.

The Serious Technical Topics Forum is meant to be for PUBLIC use, not for product customer support.
Old May 17th, 2005, 09:49 AM

I tried moving each file one at a time, but none of them will move. When I imported the files and then copied them from the hard drive in the Custom Assembly, it copied and the music and graphics both are okay. I assume the files must be in CDG or the copy wouldn't work. I still have a ton to learn, so I am open to anyone's suggestions. Thank You
Old May 18th, 2005, 02:43 PM

Try importing another track, making sure that the CDG button on the IMPORT page is activated and not the WAV button, and see if the problem persists.

This is not a duplication of my first question to you. That was on the Custom Assembly page, not the IMPORT PAGE.

They both have to be on the correct setting.

The error message you are getting indicates the system is reading .WAV file and not CDG files.
Old May 19th, 2005, 08:26 AM

George,

I made sure the CDG button was pushed in both the Custom Assembly and Import pages. I tried importing one track at a time, as well as several at a time. I tried using a different CDG disk and I tried the Duplicate and still it won't copy. What puzzles me is that it will copy if I select all in the Import page and then go to Custom Assembly, select copy from Hard Drive and select the files that it put there from the Import page. That is the only way I have been able to make a backup disk, so far. I will keep reading and trying things and I am sure with all the help I am getting from this forum that we will eventually figure it out. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old May 19th, 2005, 09:51 AM

uawrich2,

Can't understand why you can't DUPLICATE DISC, since you can import TO THE HARD DRIVE, and write from CUSTOM ASSEMBLY, unless it's possibly a drive situation.

If you are using one drive for both read/write then that drive must be selected for both functions.

If you are using two drives:
The read and the write drive must be selected, and BOTH DRIVES MUST BE CDG COMPLIANT. Click on DETECT DRIVES to make certain one of the drives isn't the culprit, usually the read drive.

George
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:14 AM

Does the Duplicate Disk give you an error message? If it will not copy, then it should, otherwise it should copy just about anything.
Old May 19th, 2005, 10:18 AM

George,

I am using the MTU Plextor DVDR PX-712A for read and write. I purchased the Plextor, the software and the media from MTU just to make sure there were no problems. This is also a new PC. The next thing I was thinking of trying is to uninstall the cd/dvd software that came with the PC. From reading the Forum, it looks like Roxio and Nero can cause problems with the MTU software.