MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:45 PM

Emergency!!!

Setting my equipment up for a show Sat night and my lyrics are too slow......not too fast. I have lowered screen to 16 bit and disabled virus program.....nothing running in the background. This is an all of a sudden problem. Any suggestions? I am using 4.6 w/XP on a Compaq Presario LT. I am getting desperate!
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:05 AM

Guess I'll answer this one myself. Seems like the graphics started tracking correctly when I downsized the singer's video to about half size. I ran all updates and basically am in business but don't know what fixed it for sure or if it will work tomorrow night. Like Dale says, "$*#@ happens!!
Old January 3rd, 2009, 03:34 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bauer View Post
Guess I'll answer this one myself. Seems like the graphics started tracking correctly when I downsized the singer's video to about half size. I ran all updates and basically am in business but don't know what fixed it for sure or if it will work tomorrow night. Like Dale says, "$*#@ happens!!
I am glad you got it working. I am also sorry no one was available to help. We all must have been doing shows tonight.

When I first read your post, I was thinking about something that happened to me before. I like to manually stretch the singers screen to display perfectly on the particular TV that the singers use. I had the same problem you were having. I had inadvertently stretched the side a little too far and had just the edge of the singers display on my computer. I felt a little silly after panicking for 5 minutes wondering what I should do.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:04 AM

Mark, I think the size was my problem and may be indicative of an inadequate video card. I have a Compaq and I have heard that they are not user friendly on replacement components.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Steve I think that was more in the past. Compaq used to be very proprietary in what they would use. Radio Shack was the same way. Radio Shack is gone (from making their own computers) but I think Compaq changed their ways. The reputation has lingered on though.
What size did you change from and down to?
Old January 3rd, 2009, 10:16 AM

Dale, I'm using a 17" computer monitor for the singer's monitor and had Hoster streched out almost edge to edge. It is not working fine but is a little less than half the screen. If I'm not mistaken, I had a song playing that was behind in graphics and I extended over to that monitor and downsized it and heard a slight difference in sound and thats when I think the graphics caught up. Hard to tell, I did everything in every post I could find.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:04 AM
Super Moderator

I was thinking you change screen size not the window size. Sorry, I was on the wrong track.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM

Dale, I am talking about clicking and minimizing the play scrreen. I also changed the video to 16 bit.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 11:55 AM

Sounds more like a spinoff of the old sound hardware accelleration problem.

Click START, RUN.

Type DXDIAG

Click O.K.

Click SOUND 1 tab

In the Directx features block, if the slider is all the way to the right, move it
to the second notch from the left, and exit.

That may or may not be the solution, but it sure sounds like it.

Erectile dysfunction treatment
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:14 PM

George,

I went where you say and the slide is set all the way to the right. After tonights show I will adjust it to the left like you say. Thanks, and I will let everyone know how it comes out. I've not heard this fix before.
Old January 3rd, 2009, 12:21 PM

did you click on the screen while a song is playing ? i did that once and the music slowed down.. resized your screen before you play a song see if that helps..
Old January 5th, 2009, 06:45 AM
VIP

Try firing up 3.4

Sam
Old January 12th, 2009, 10:17 PM

Sync Issues!

ADMIN: I Have run into a problem and had to figure out how to solve it. When running 4.06 on XP, my second display fired up but not maximized to the monitor, the sync of music to lyrics is off by about 1 second. I shut down 4.06 and fired up 3.4 and went to tools menu / playback offset and adjusted by 1 second. Then closed 3.4 and refired up 4.06 and timing was correct. This needs to be adjustable in 4.06 or in next version.
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Jim what kind of system are you running?
What processor and how much memory?
What video card and how much memory on it?
The reason I am asking is this is not a wide-spread problem. The problem is most likely with your system or set-up. I don't think making n adjustment in 3.4 made any difference in 4.06 since 4.06 does not use the off-set. It was removed from version 4 because the code was not used with the new player.
I am pretty sure that just the fact that you closed 4.06 and re-opened it corrected the sync.
Old January 12th, 2009, 11:41 PM

Smile

I am using Dell laptop. 250 gig hd. 1.73 ghz. 1.5 gig ram. XPsp3 Always worked great up until 4.06. Does not get out of sync on my vista machine. Closing and restarting does not help. Only real fix is as described. And yes it does change it. I can manuver 4.06 wherever i want sync to be by playing with 3.4. Sounds weird but true. If I change it by 3 seconds it changes it by 3 seconds in 4.06. Fact!

Last edited by Jim Kercheval; January 12th, 2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old January 13th, 2009, 10:43 AM

Jim,

I originally posted this problem and finally solved it by downsizing my show monitor to half size. If I blow it up, my lyrics are off, downsize it and they are okay.

Steve
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Jim,

I originally posted this problem and finally solved it by downsizing my show monitor to half size. If I blow it up, my lyrics are off, downsize it and they are okay.

Steve
when you say show monitor are you talking about the singers screen?have you tried resizing the show monitor ( singers screen? ) first, before playing a song?
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:34 PM

Billy,

Yes, I am talking about the singer's monitor. I make it about half size or less when I set up and test the lyrics with a fast song. If everything's OK, I leave it that way. Works good for me. I suspect my problem and some of the few others that are having this problem are due to a marginally inadequate graphics card.
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Billy,

Yes, I am talking about the singer's monitor. I make it about half size or less when I set up and test the lyrics with a fast song. If everything's OK, I leave it that way. Works good for me. I suspect my problem and some of the few others that are having this problem are due to a marginally inadequate graphics card.

oh ok..just a suggestion, if it doesnt work you can always downsize it back..
Old January 21st, 2009, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Quote:
George,

I went where you say and the slide is set all the way to the right. After tonights show I will adjust it to the left like you say. Thanks, and I will let everyone know how it comes out. I've not heard this fix before.
Folks, we try to make it clear in the manual that after moving the Singers Display or double-clicking it, that you MUST restart any song that was playing. Windows doesn't make it easy for us to programmatically keep things in sync.

We make it easy to move, but you must restart the song.