MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

View Poll Results: How many "UNIQUE" songs (not including duplicates) are currently in your songbooks?
Less than 3,000 6 10.34%
3,000 to 4,999 6 10.34%
5,000 to 6,999 5 8.62%
7,000 to 8,999 10 17.24%
9,000 to 11,999 16 27.59%
12,000 to 14,999 6 10.34%
more than 15,000 9 15.52%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 4th, 2007, 12:27 PM

I see no reason for personal insults.

I too have many singers who want only Sound Choice or Music Maestro music. One of them is a 'Boy Singer' for a big band and only sings certain versions of certain songs. He is absolutely great and I try to please him, since he is one of my most popular singers and people flock in to hear him. He wants the very best rendition he can find of the original, and listens to all of them before finally settling on a version he wants to sing from then on. I give him a few seconds of all my versions to listen to on headphones until he finds the best one for him. Then I keep a copy of his request, and also give him the song number and company to keep until the next time he sings.

Several singers have their own CDs and want that version only. Since I no longer use CDs or have any way to play them with my laptop, I try to have their version on my computer if they are regular customers. That means I buy a new CD that I don't really want quite often just to satisfy my customers. Then they request only that version once I have it.

I suppose some folks are just superior in their minds and want to show all of us how dumb the rest of us really are.