MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Keyrite Software > Keyrite 2 Help

Keyrite 2 Help Post Keyrite 2 questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old April 6th, 2006, 03:50 PM

Exclamation I can't upgrade either, 2.008 > 2.010

I tried to go through the process for the free upgrade but my link is closed also. I am having the same problem with Microstudio upgrade to 2.612. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Rev. Satch
Old April 8th, 2006, 03:55 PM

I am having the same problem. It says I have no upgrades.

Shane Roya
Old April 24th, 2006, 06:03 PM

I will have to say I am a bit frustrated with MTU and the 2.009,2.010 upgrade. When the 2.009 upgrade became available I didn't know about it until a couple weeks after the link expired and of course that also makes it impossible to upgrade to 2.010 as well.

After spending $300.00 on MTU products since Oct. 2004 and convincing 4 other KJ friends to go with MTU Hoster, Microstudio as well as one bought the whole software package. I have installed them and shown them how to use the products and help them with any issues they have. Now MTU is asking me to pay $19.95 for the upgrade to 2.010 when I purchased 2.008 and it should have been a free upgrade.

I will probably bite the bullet and purchase the upgrade, but of course at great displeasure.
Old April 24th, 2006, 06:41 PM

All well in good that MTU came up with a one year upgrade period if there had been any upgrades during the year period, but MTU arbitrarily imposed this limitation on downloads without considering that in most instances there have been no upgrades to KHP, Microstudio, Vogone , or Keyrite other than changes that only affected a few owners such as to support a burner, etc for almost two and a half years, yet the existing download links are expired.

That one year policy would be valid if MTU were issuing upgrades at least yearly, but to deny downloading when you haven't given most of us any reason to upgrade in 2 1/2 years, and kill the download on what we do have.....come on!

George

Last edited by George; April 24th, 2006 at 06:46 PM.
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowfishn
I am having the same problem. It says I have no upgrades.

Shane Roya
Your order malfunctioned because of the very large discount coupon given to you last January. We didn't know this would create problems until now.

Also, there were 6 instances of the DOWNLOAD button, and 6 instances of RegCodes. I have deleted all but one and that still didn't fix your problem... i.e. you still will see "DONE" when you click the download link.

The message by the download buttons (far right) says:

Link expires:
Wednesday 25 April, 2007
99 downloads remaining

Shane, if you had post those facts here it would have made it a lot easier for me to diagnose what is wrong.

Simply stated, your database record is messed up. I am sorry you feel that an error has ruined your experience with MTU. I would think you would give us a bit of grace when web problems happen. I'm sorry. We do the best we can with this web technology, and fix the errors when they appear.

Our web master is out of town until next week. I won't give this to him as an "emergency". We'll get it fixed next week and you'll be able to download.
Old April 25th, 2006, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Satch
I tried to go through the process for the free upgrade but my link is closed also. I am having the same problem with Microstudio upgrade to 2.612. Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Your Keyrite Pro upgrade Order Date: Friday 05 December, 2003, has been extended. You can now download it, but do so immediately.

Your Microstudio upgrade order 26668 download works fine. Try it.
Old April 25th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Read my post on the topic of downloading.
Old April 25th, 2006, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Your order malfunctioned because of the very large discount coupon given to you last January. We didn't know this would create problems until now.

Also, there were 6 instances of the DOWNLOAD button, and 6 instances of RegCodes. I have deleted all but one and that still didn't fix your problem... i.e. you still will see "DONE" when you click the download link.

The message by the download buttons (far right) says:

Link expires:
Wednesday 25 April, 2007
99 downloads remaining

Shane, if you had post those facts here it would have made it a lot easier for me to diagnose what is wrong.

Simply stated, your database record is messed up. I am sorry you feel that an error has ruined your experience with MTU. I would think you would give us a bit of grace when web problems happen. I'm sorry. We do the best we can with this web technology, and fix the errors when they appear.

Our web master is out of town until next week. I won't give this to him as an "emergency". We'll get it fixed next week and you'll be able to download.
I did post here about the 2.009 upgrade and later about the 2.010 upgrade. I recieved no response to my posts from MTU.
I realize the support staff at MTU is very busy, but as customers we get frustrated when we don't get an answer to our problems.
I do appreciate the discount coupon when I purchased the Suite with Keyrite Pro upgrade, but my account does not acurately reflect the discount as I contacted you with your mistake giving me a discount way over what we had talked about and you did make the adjustment charging me the extra that is not reflected at my account. My original post should have said I spent over $400.. on MTU software.
Old April 27th, 2006, 11:21 AM

Thank You....You all fixed the microstudio link a couple of weeks ago...and the keyrite one worked fine...I know you have been very busy with all the changes there...the thing is that on the MTU.com site these upgrades are advertised as "free to owners of 2.008 or
2.009". the response I got in the microstudio help forum sounded like the ad ought to read "free to owners of 2.008 or 2.009 if purchased within the last 12 months". This is not a complaint, just an observation. You have the very best software in the industry, hands down, and I will be ordoering the new Vogone very soon.

Just my thoughts and thanks again for fixing the links.

Rev Satch
Old May 14th, 2006, 10:22 PM

The link in my store account still will not work for me, I tried it after you first made the changes and have tried off and on since then, but with no luck.
It would appear that my database record is still messed up!
Old May 27th, 2006, 12:04 PM

It is April 27 and still cannot use link, all I get is a blank page. What's Up?
Old June 1st, 2006, 06:24 PM

Do you think someone in admin. could get back to me on this problem?