MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old May 4th, 2003, 12:40 PM

Error Write Command Failed on device 1:0:0

I'm using the custom assembly tag of 2.400 to write CDG's from hard disc to CD and have the following error reported;

Write Command Failed on device 1:0:0
unrecoverable harware error (04h 00h 02h 04h 08h 03h)

There is no pattern as to when the error occurs although there is a tendancy for it to happen at the end of a track (prob=60%). Sometimes I can write 20 tracks with no problem and then I try to copy another CDG and the error will occur. I have stopped as many tasks as I can identify that may be running in the background and tried changing write and read speeds and other varibles within 2.400 as possible with no success.

To elliminate failures, I select the tracks to write, run the test Test CD, remove any tracks that give errors, re-read the track/s from the original CDG, and retest. If two tests work, I try the wrie but this does not always succeed. When I play the tarcks from disk, there are no obvious problem.

The CD wrier is a HP C-writer +9100 ver1.0c
I have two hard disks, an IBM 120GB partioned and a Quantum 20GB disk. I have tried copying from both disks.
I am writing to EMTEC CD-R 48x 80 min High performance blanks. Attached is a directx report.

Have you come across this problem and can you help?
Old May 6th, 2003, 12:42 PM

Usually when you get an error such as this, where it states Urecoverable Hardware Error, there is something that is going wrong with the drive itself.

Try writing and Audio disc in Microstudio, and see if it will work. If this works, then it sounds like your drive has a problem now when it trys to write Karaoke discs. You may try to contact HP and get a firmware upgrade, to see if this will help.
Old May 6th, 2003, 07:31 PM

Thanks for the advice Bryan. Just tried writing an audio CD but I have the same errors. I'll get in touch with HP but since I have the latest drivers, I doubt that they will help.

I've been looking at some threads about ASPI layers and did a search for them on the hard drives. Couldn't find any though so I then did a serach using the Adaptec utilty. That confirmed that there are none present. The MTU drivers must have installed; could you tell me where they should be and the file names? Something odd going on here!