MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum

CD-Recorders and Media Open Forum All about drives and media

Old October 5th, 2003, 02:05 PM

Plextor Graphic Problem

A couple of questions for you all:
I have a PlexWriter 16/10/40A and am having problems burning a clean CD+G. On disks that I am copying, I end up with 3-4 offcolor squares per screen. About a third of these stay as the song progresses until the end has a lot of these on the screen. The lyrics are readable, for the most part, but they just don't look that good. Things seem a little better when I burn a song that I created through KPro but I haven't done that many and it may be a coincidence. I am using CDRs from MTU and burning at 1X. I also have made sure I have updated video and sounds drivers. There are no driver updates for my CD burner and I have DirectX9.0. I am looking to make one of the 'professional' type copies. Any ideas on what my problem might be?
I see that MTU offers a 'certified' CD burner but it looks to be a Plextor. Is there a quality difference between my model and the one offered by MTU?
Thanks in advance,
Old November 10th, 2003, 10:31 PM

I am still having the same issue. Any ideas?
Old November 20th, 2003, 04:01 PM

Eldon,
It sounds to me like your Drive has began to die for Karaoke. This is due to the hardware, that this problem is occuring. What you can try is to clean the dust out of the drive by using a can of compressed air, and blowing it in the drive with the CD Tray open.

If this still doesn't work, you can try upgrading the firmware for the drive from: http://www.plextor.com/english/suppo...oads.html#firm

If you still have the problem, the drive will need to be replaced.