MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old February 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM

Thanks Dennis for your help. I hope I get this figured out by tommorow. I've already lost one show tonight.

Fort Laudrdale, Fl. if your in town some time look me up.
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:17 PM

Now I'm lost. I have done everything I or anyone who has responded has suggested and still no access to any .KMA files I can see in my new hard drive. When I click on my saved list from previous shows version 3321, I get file "path not found" message. If I do a fresh search in the search box I get "E:\cb8900-10.kma was not found on the hard drive". Any ideas?
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:23 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitd9922 View Post
I typed * with title and artist highlighted in (3321) not (4006) and a handfull of songs turned up. None of them will play but they do show up. I used to just put in artist or song and anything that had any letters I would type in came fine.

I get a e:/"sc**** not found
The * did not work before 4.00.
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Now I'm lost. I have done everything I or anyone who has responded has suggested and still no access to any .KMA files I can see in my new hard drive. When I click on my saved list from previous shows version 3321, I get file "path not found" message. If I do a fresh search in the search box I get "E:\cb8900-10.kma was not found on the hard drive". Any ideas?
Sorry to weigh in so late. You say you can see the .KMA files on your new drive. I would rename or move your songs.mdb then rebuild your database. By doing this, you can always put the old one back and you have done no harm. Try this and report back.
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:39 PM

I went back to my earlier version 3321 because it was very stable. But since the upgrade and restore back to 3321, when I click play on any song in my playlist that worked fine before it it says "SC8832-1 track path is missing"

If I do a search in the search box it comes back with no songs matched what you entered....

If I do a * with title and artist selected I get maybe a little over 100 songs in the search list.

And when I click on one of those I get "**** not found on the hard drive...
Old February 18th, 2009, 09:46 PM

Hi Mitd9922

I think you may need to rebuild your song database.
You also may have to rebuild your play list.

I had this type of problem before.

Good Luck

Joe...
Old February 18th, 2009, 10:21 PM
Super Moderator

Are the files on the new drive exactly as they were on the old one? By that I mean are they in the same folder name they were on the old one?
If anything is the slightest bit different then the path will not be right and the file will not be found.
Rebuild the database but make sure and redo the path to the folder with the KMA files. Delete the existing path in the source location and add the new one. Then rebuild. That will fix the search and add tracks. If there was a difference then the old playlists will not work though because the path information is saved as part of the playlist.

I hope you do not think that upgrading to 4.06 cause the problem with the old drive. From what you are saying is the drive was failing. Even if the drive is full it should have still been able to open if something wasn't wrong with it.

Last edited by ddouglass; February 18th, 2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:20 PM

Red face

I'm not blaming anything on Hoster. This has been an awesome program for the 4 plus years I've been running it.(latest upgrade 3.321) I have looked at others and none compare in stability and ease of use. I should have not tried to do anything (aka.. if its not broke..) but I thought I would take a shot with the newest version for some more bells and whistles. but, after loading the new version I had big trouble and it's still not over.
I have since restored my cpu to a date before the upgrade and still cannot get it to work. My hard drive might have beeen on it's last leg but gave no indication of such. Four shows a week and no problems for years.

I have since restored the files (I think, at least they show up on my new 500 gig HD) but I still cannot get version 3.321 to find songs in the search box or play from existing list that I use for my own songs.
I have renamed the drive to match the prevoius one that worked fine before upgrade.
Like I was saying, I do not beleive it is a Hoster issue! Maybe a coincidence. Either way it sucks. I have spent the last two days and hundreds of $ on outside tech advice (hard drive) and lost one night already. I should be working right now. I hope this is all better by tommorow because I have three more shows to do before Sunday.

Sorry for the long rant but I'm stress'n big time!

If you can help and need more info I would be more than happy to reply asap.

Thanks a million, Mark

Win XP
Toshiba Satellite, 105-S3004, 1 gig Ram, Seagate Free Agent 500gb HD
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:32 PM

Just to see if I could load new music, while trying to import new CDG's, on the import cd tracks window, I changed the save to folder to E:\ drive and under the brand drop list it is blank. It says " cannot find the jeterr40.chm file"

Also behind that is a box
"error processing file: C:\Hoster bucket.mdb

"not a (3031) valid password"

I don't think i ever used or set a password.

I'm going to try to update the song database again
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just to see if I could load new music, while trying to import new CDG's, on the import cd tracks window, I changed the save to folder to E:\ drive and under the brand drop list it is blank. It says " cannot find the jeterr40.chm file"

Also behind that is a box
"error processing file: C:\Hoster bucket.mdb

"not a (3031) valid password"

I don't think i ever used or set a password.

I'm going to try to update the song database again
Restoring back to 3.321 obviously didn't restore all the files. Bucket.mdb was updated in 4.XX (don't remember exactly which one) and the password for it that the program uses to open it was changed.
Instead of Restoring you should have Removed 4.06 while on-line to clear that registration so you could re-use it later. Then re-installed 3.321.
What you are going to have to do at this point is to re-install 3.321 now to fix this. You should be able to use the Upgrade to do this so MTU sees that it is already installed and will approve the "Upgrade".
Then after you do that rebuild the database. That should get you back in business.
Old February 18th, 2009, 11:56 PM

I'll give it a shot. Do I need to uninstall the original?
Old February 19th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

No, just do the "Upgrade rather than "Remove".
Old February 19th, 2009, 12:49 AM

Unhappy

Oh my god! I did it now. I uninstalled the original and reinstalled and now disc count went to 1, instead of like 1660 something. I don't suppose there is any way to reverse that dumb move of the century?

Maybe its time to get a real job if there were any! (construction biz in toilet, now Karaoke is paying the bills) argh :(
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:00 AM
Honor Roll

Quote:
Oh my god! I did it now. I uninstalled the original and reinstalled and now disc count went to 1, instead of like 1660 something. I don't suppose there is any way to reverse that dumb move of the century?

Maybe its time to get a real job if there were any! (construction biz in toilet, now Karaoke is paying the bills) argh :(
No, you're fine. Now just go in and rebuild your database with the correct path. It will be fine, I promise.
Old February 19th, 2009, 01:10 AM

I've been at this for two 18 hr. days. I need to get some sleep and try this again in the morning, Thanks guys for all the help I will be back at it in the morning. You guys are great!
Old February 19th, 2009, 06:30 AM

Back at it, hopefully I will get this fixed todaay as I can't take much more of this.
Old February 19th, 2009, 07:03 AM

Good Morning Mitd9922

I feel your pain it happen to me.

How's it going?

Joe...
Old February 19th, 2009, 07:27 AM

Not good. Just to see if the old version would work I went back to 3321 version and when I try to import cdg tracks the brand drop box is empty. Any ideas on this one?
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:03 AM

You need a clean install of the Hoster program to include the removal of any folders related to your previous installations.

Also do you have a registry cleaner program?

Joe.....
Old February 19th, 2009, 08:17 AM

Make sure to move your Kma folders to ext. Drive FIRST.

Due the registry cleaner after removal of your Hoster program and all folders.

I think your MAJOR problem is that your previous installes are causing a conflict in Hoster so cleaning all folders out will give you a Total clean install.

If you don't have a registry cleaner here is a very good one that I use.

http://www.winaso.com/

I'm going to work now be back 3:pm your time I'll check back with you then hopefully you'll be good by then.

Good Luck

Joe.....