MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > KPro Studio and KHPro Software - Create your Own Karaoke Songs > KPro Studio and KHPro Help

KPro Studio and KHPro Help Post KPro Studio and KHPro questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old March 27th, 2003, 05:10 PM

Unhappy help problems with editing placement

HELP!!!
how do i add additional lines of text after placement?
in the home producer version text could be moved easily
more or less open(blank) lines between verses/lines
now once timing is placed lines of text can't be moved
( the enter key has no function after placement)
will this be corrected?
Old March 29th, 2003, 03:55 AM
Lauraine Graham- with the Lord Lauraine Graham- with the Lord is offline

OK, let's see if I can help. I may give you information you already have, so forgive me if I have.

As I understand it, one cannot add lines, or shift word(s) to another line YET. I do believe this feature is on the "to do" list.
This is how I deal with the problem of changing the arrangement of the lines at the moment.

1. Imagine you are creating a new song and you have opened KPro. You have imported your text file and your wave file.
2. SAVE AS "whateverthenameofyoursongis.kpr".
3. Place lyrics. SAVE.
4. You play your song. Dash it, you discover you need to change wording to another line or create blank lines.
5. Minimise KPro. Open your lyric file. Make and save changes. Close lyric file.
6. Maximise KPro. Click on PLACE LYRICS tab. Click IMPORT LYRICS tab and import the corrected lyric file. Now you are free to continue. Remember to SAVE every change you make. When you are satisfied SAVE and EXPORT AS CDG.

It's a little roundabout at the moment I know, but this may allow you to get on until this facility has been added to the features of KPro.

Another tip, if you don't already do this, is to create dedicated folders so you always know where to go to find what you are looking for. I have a single folder each for Lyrics, CDG-ready Waves, KPRs and Completed CDGs. I also took George's advice and created a "blank" .kpr to save myself the trouble of changing all the default settings each time I create a new CDG song.

I hope this post has been useful and that it is not all old news.

best wishes
Old March 29th, 2003, 12:01 PM

Thumbs down editing placed lyric

hi,
it doesn't help much the lyrics were created in kjpro
after 4 attempts at song i went back to the home producer
where i can edit as needed
i hope they fix this or make it possible to open a file made by
the home producer