MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Singers & Hosts Wisdom

Singers & Hosts Wisdom Post how to be a great karaoke singer or host.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 01:44 PM

Suggestions for DJ Software

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I currently use hoster for karaoke. I am currently looking for work and have been contacted by a couple of restaurants that want DJ service. I play music in between my karaoke on ipod but don't have any real free will with that. Do any of you DJ as well as KJ and if so, what software would you reccommend?

Thanks,
Old March 3rd, 2010, 05:38 PM

Re: Suggestions for DJ Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by trelynda View Post
Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this but I currently use hoster for karaoke. I am currently looking for work and have been contacted by a couple of restaurants that want DJ service. I play music in between my karaoke on ipod but don't have any real free will with that. Do any of you DJ as well as KJ and if so, what software would you reccommend?

Thanks,
it depends on what type of venue youre gonna be working in, and what kind of music, i have several dj software, i myself use either the PCDJ (blue ), Mixmeister Basic or the Mixmeister Fusion Control That i just got and the Hercules MK2 at the restaurant where i do karaoke and dance music during break,which is easy to use, i also use itunes at the country club where i dont have to do anything except just play straight music, and if youre doing clubs and doing any mixing and stuff, serato scratch is best from what my other dj friends are telling me.

Last edited by ddouglass; March 3rd, 2010 at 05:50 PM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:17 AM
VIP

Take a look at otzdj.com, i've used this for year & have turned several other pro dj's on to it as well - they were using the PCDJ and a couple others & no longer do after using this one. It's a great program. I use it in between karaoke singers - for fill only, not full songs - although I do use it for the occasional dj shows I do book, it does have the ability to beat match automatically, searches each and every song for the perfect fade in/fade out point, scratching ability among several other perks like built in eq, dynamics like compression/limiting, recording, the pro version also has video mix capability.

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc
Win 7 Pro 32 bit

Vid: LP Radeon HD 5450 Video Card - 1GB
Aud: Lexicon Omega USB I/O Interface
Mem: 16gb ram
HD: 1TB/1TB

Like us on Facebook http://facebook.com/lonmanproductions
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:24 PM
VIP

trelynda

Lonman probably meant ots.com ( typo ), as I also use this DJ program, is a very, very good program. It was Lonman's recommendation that led me to the program, and I have been very satisfied.

It's not cheap, and it's not simple to learn, but the more features that you use, the more you will appreciate its dynamics.

But remember that a lot of the new features being added to Hoster, are designed for the KJ that wishes to use Hoster to also DJ.

Show Computer: Dell Precision M6700--Intel I7 3720 QM Quad 3rd Gen 2.6 ghz--16 gb Ram
Integrated Onboard Graphics, 2 gb DDR2 dedicated Video Memory--500 gb SSD & 1TB SATA HD--Windows 7 Pro--External HD WD 4 tb

Backup Computer: Lenovo Ideapad 7750G--PCI Express X16 Gen3 2.5 ghz--32 gb RAM--NVIDIA GeForce GT 745M, 2048 MB DDR3 --1 TB SSD--Windows 10 Education -- 64 bit

External Optical Drives: Plextor 760A & 712A
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:59 PM
VIP

Yes I meant otsdj.com

Show PC Lenovo nVidia 3.2ghz proc
Win 8.1 64bit
Vid: nVidia GT720 2gb mem
Aud: Lexicon Alpha
Mem: 8gb ram
HD: 1tb int/1tb int
Test PC ASUS AMD 4ghz 8 core proc