MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old December 28th, 2008, 04:14 PM

microstudion 4.006

In Reference To Ddouglass Response Dec. 12. When I Hit Refresh, I Get A Bubble That Says No Songs Added To My Songs List, Click Bubble To Review. When I Click Bubble I Get A Block "file Errors-karaoke-list-notepad". This Lists The Song And Artists Name.bin.

As To The Other Problem. I Have Uninstalled And Reinstalled Several Times, However, My Personal Info Page Doesn't Show A Check Box At The Bottom Of The Screen So That I Can Delete The Registry Entries As You Suggested. I Have Also Tried Using Cd To Install And Get The Same Results: When Asking To Import - Ok, Read Disc - Ok, Import Selected Tracks - Progress Window Pops Up For A Few Seconds (no Progress Bar Advances) And Then Blinks Off. Status Says Song Is Imported. Songs Can Be Added To The Play List And The Write List, But When I Ask To Write A Disc, Nothing Is There To Write. What Else Can I Do? Thanks, Jeanne
Old December 28th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Super Moderator

Jeanne,
My mistake the check box is on the next version (in beta testing currently). You will need to do the registry deletions manually.

Fix: Delete Microstudio's Persistence Registry Keys.
  1. Left click the Start Menu and click Run.
  2. Type in regedit and click OK or Open.
  3. Go to the very top of the Registry Editor. It you already see the Registry Keys expanded below, skip this step and go to the next step. Click the + beside My Computer.
  4. Click the + Beside HKEY_CURRENT_USER
  5. Click the + beside SOFTWARE
  6. Click the + beside Micro Technology Unlimited
  7. Click the + beside Microstudio
  8. Click Default to select it. WARNING! Be VERY careful to have this exact location selected. If not and you proceed, you could damage your Windows installation, requiring it to be re-installed to fix it. BE VERY CAREFUL! With Default selected, press the Delete Key Click Yes when it asks you if you are sure.
  9. Click the X in the Top Right corner to close the Registry Editor.
  10. Re-install Microstudio.
What does the box up top with the green colored computer path say?
What is the path to your karaoke files?
Have you double clicked on the Icon for the "FileErrors-karaoke-list.TXT to see what is in it?

When you open the Write Disc it will be empty. You have to add the files from within this window, by clicking on the Add Songs button. Or you can add the songs to the playlist (not the list on the left side) and then click on the Add to Write List button on the playlist side.

Just to help us clarify this are you using XP or Vista?