MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old June 14th, 2017, 10:52 PM

Importing new songs ERROR

I am importing a new hard drive full of songs using the single function. As it goes on I\'m collecting more and more ERROR in the status column. They keep reoccurring as I add files. How do I clear them from the add files? It\'s up to 10 so I can only index 89 or less songs per cycle.
Old June 15th, 2017, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Importing new songs ERROR

One suggestion is note down the names of the files that are listing as error then find them on the actual hard drive and move them to a new folder as a tempory measure, if you get more as you go along move them to the new folder.

That should free up those spaces allowing you to index upto 99 per disc id then try sorting that new folder out at the end or just skip those ones unless they are a must have.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old July 4th, 2017, 05:16 PM

Don\'t know exactly how to enter my own problem separately so I am using this avenue. Sent couple of messages to MTU earlier but so far no reply.
My problem:
Am an elderly gentleman very into Karaoke and purchased Hoster in Sep 2016. Had some songs that I initially uploaded from a portable hard drive. Built up my inventory and moved it to the video file on my PC. I screwed up by deleting the existing data base (from Karaoke data file) and downloaded another set of software from MTU. Of course, now I know that whenever I add songs to my songbook, it gets updated at MTU and whenever I downloaded a \"new\" software, it comes with the data initially loaded by me.
Did talk with an MTU CS but could not fully understand the technical requirements that I need to follow.
My question (and hope): Can my purchased software be cleared of any prior data and be downloaded just like the first time? At least I was able to do the initial load before. I just want to do this one last time for my own collection.

Thank you for any help
Old July 4th, 2017, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingi View Post
Dont know exactly how to enter my own problem separately so I am using this avenue. Sent couple of messages to MTU earlier but so far no reply.
My problem:
Am an elderly gentleman very into Karaoke and purchased Hoster in Sep 2016. Had some songs that I initially uploaded from a portable hard drive. Built up my inventory and moved it to the video file on my PC. I screwed up by deleting the existing data base (from Karaoke data file) and downloaded another set of software from MTU. Of course, now I know that whenever I add songs to my songbook, it gets updated at MTU and whenever I downloaded a new software, it comes with the data initially loaded by me.
Did talk with an MTU CS but could not fully understand the technical requirements that I need to follow.
My question (and hope): Can my purchased software be cleared of any prior data and be downloaded just like the first time? At least I was able to do the initial load before. I just want to do this one last time for my own collection.

Thank you for any help
First create a Backup, do this using the Hoster Help Menu Backup/Restore feature and follow the instructions there.

Once you have the backup file saved try this:
Make sure Hoster is not running while doing this.
You need to delete the Hoster Folder, providing you did not alter the default folder for this it will be in

C:\\ProgramData\\mtu.com

This is normally a hidden folder but if you Type the above address ( with single backslashes not two as shown) into your file explorer it should open, once in that Folder you should see Hoster folder, Delete it.

Now uninstall Hoster (be sure to be online while doing this)

Now re Install but when you see the tick box for for (Tick this if you are reinstalling but want to clear all saved settings) Tick it then continue installing.

When you restart Hoster after that it should be as if you were installing for the first time.

You could then use the Add Folder or Add Folder/Subfolders button from the build database dialog to locate your previous song files from the location they are now, this would rebuild the database as you add the file paths.

If it all goes wrong use your previous backup and restore.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.

Last edited by Roy Dennis; July 5th, 2017 at 05:00 AM.