MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Microstudio Software & Burners > Microstudio Help

Microstudio Help Post Microstudio questions, tips and suggestions here.

Old September 25th, 2002, 01:45 PM

2.315 Will Not Work!

Okay.... I am having many problems...
I use windows 2000, upgraded from 98. I purchased a Plextor 24/10/40A, which works fine, but I can not get Microstudio 2.315 to work. The typical blue screen and then reboot problem.
I have searched these threads exhaustively, and have tried every fix suggested! Despite all the success stories I've heard, nothing has worked for me.
I've checked and updated aspi drivers, and I've downloaded version 2.312 (for the recommended fix)... however, when I replace the .exe file with the 2.315 version.... blue screen and reboot. That brilliant fix didn't help.
So I resigned myself to using 2.312... but there's another problem... it will not recognize my Plextor!
In version 2.312, there is no option to use the default drive in the driver menu, and once again... I HAVE CHECKED AND DOWNLOADED THE RECOMMENDED ASPI DRIVERS!
It will recognize my drives if I have the audio cd format selected, but not when I select the Karaoke CD+G... which is the only one I really need!
I don't want to copy just the audio from my cdg's!!! duh!
I have been using clone cd, and it works fine with my plextor for straight copies of my karaoke discs... but I would like to be able to use microstudio, as I understand there are some more options available with it.
I did pay $50 for the program!
Once again, I have tried nearly everything I could find on this forum to fix the problem, and I'm at the end of my rope. I've also emailed mtu directly several times, but it seems like they get stuck and just quit emailing me! Somebody help! or I want my money back!
Old September 25th, 2002, 02:14 PM

Here is the fix for this problem: http://www.mtu.com/vbulletin/showthr...p?threadid=928

Since you already have 2.312 and it is working, please just do what is listed at the above post, and you will be up and running with Microstudio 2.315.
Old September 25th, 2002, 02:33 PM

*sigh*
...I've already tried that. If you'll notice in my origional post, I stated that "when I replace the .exe file with the 2.315 version.... blue screen and reboot..."
Honestly, I think there's another problem out there... the only solutions I've seen are the one you just gave me, and the aspi driver issue.
I can repeat those fixes a million times, but they aren't helping me!!!
Isn't there SOMETHING else I can try?!?!?
Old September 25th, 2002, 03:03 PM

This is the only fix that is known for this problem. This normally comes from the problems of upgrading from a prior operating system.

The only other thing that I can think of is to try to search the computer for the file wnaspint.dll and then delete this file. See what happens when you do this.
Old September 25th, 2002, 03:59 PM

SAINTS BE PRAISED!!!
Deleting the dll file did the trick!
Finally!!! Thanks!
What was that file anyway?
Old September 25th, 2002, 04:40 PM

This was the ASPI driver. So now you will want to upgrade them again.

Here is the location of the ASPI drivers.

Download this file: http://www.mtu.com/upgrades/microstu...idrivers16.exe

You will need your Microstudio Email and serial number to install this program.

Then go into Microstudio, click on the Drives menu at the top. Click on ASPI drivers. Make sure this is set to USE the MTU Installed Driver. Then close Microstudio and Reopen it. This will then fix your problem.