MTU.Community

Go Back   MTU.Community > Hoster Software > Hoster Help

Hoster Help Post Hoster questions, tips and suggestions here.

Closed Thread

Old August 31st, 2019, 09:58 PM

Exclamation rotation resets after restarting Hoster

There are times when Hoster needs to be restarted during a show. This isn\'t the end of the world, but I\'ve noticed that each time I restart it, any singers that were in the rotation but did not have a song in the playlist disappear. That does get closer to the end of the world - any of those \"lost\" singers that submit a new song are now in rotation limbo, and there\'s a good chance I won\'t guess their original position correctly. I like the rotation function and have gotten pretty good at using it without needing a second list (Notepad, Excel, etc.), but I\'d greatly appreciate it if this issue were addressed. Crashes will always happen, and I can\'t afford to lose half my rotation.
Old September 1st, 2019, 03:44 AM
VIP

Re: rotation resets after restarting Hoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpucino View Post
There are times when Hoster needs to be restarted during a show. This isn\\\'t the end of the world, but I\\\'ve noticed that each time I restart it, any singers that were in the rotation but did not have a song in the playlist disappear. That does get closer to the end of the world - any of those \\\"lost\\\" singers that submit a new song are now in rotation limbo, and there\\\'s a good chance I won\\\'t guess their original position correctly. I like the rotation function and have gotten pretty good at using it without needing a second list (Notepad, Excel, etc.), but I\\\'d greatly appreciate it if this issue were addressed. Crashes will always happen, and I can\\\'t afford to lose half my rotation.
Doesn’t the entire playlist, including those that have all previously sung, return after a crash, and if so, you would be able to observe all that sang that night. You may have to check. “Keep song sungs” , in playlist however.

Old September 1st, 2019, 06:26 AM
Super Moderator

Which version are you running ?
only I just tested what you describe on mine and restarting Hoster or rebooting computer does retain singers in rotation order.

It sounds like yours is refreshing rotation list on a restart.

When you installed Hoster did you use default locations ?
Do you save your playlists to the Hoster Data Folder ?
Do you set the Save AS for Playlist to another location?

When you have rotation set Hoster creates a file in the Data folder. Default location: C:/ProgramData/mtu.com/Hoster
With a .rox extension which is the rotation at time of closing along with .hst file of same name which is the whole playlist.

Open your Hoster data folder which you should be able to access from Tools menu/Hoster Data Folder then check the Path in the brows window, take note of the existing path then press the view button. If you save your playlist to the Hoster datafolder you should see two files of same name except the extension example name: United Services.hst & United Services.rox.
If you save your playlist to somewhere other than the Data Folder check that that it contains both files.

Take note of the .rox file size, if it shows as 1 KB then that is an empty rotation list, it shows greater as the rotation grows.

Answer the questions above and let us know your findings.

Regards Hoster crashing, is this a very frequent occurrence on your system ?
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old September 3rd, 2019, 09:19 PM
VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpucino View Post
There are times when Hoster needs to be restarted during a show. This isn\\\\\\\'t the end of the world, but I\\\\\\\'ve noticed that each time I restart it, any singers that were in the rotation but did not have a song in the playlist disappear. That does get closer to the end of the world - any of those \\\\\\\"lost\\\\\\\" singers that submit a new song are now in rotation limbo, and there\\\\\\\'s a good chance I won\\\\\\\'t guess their original position correctly. I like the rotation function and have gotten pretty good at using it without needing a second list (Notepad, Excel, etc.), but I\\\\\\\'d greatly appreciate it if this issue were addressed. Crashes will always happen, and I can\\\\\\\'t afford to lose half my rotation.

If you close Hoster, you should get a message asking if you want to save the current singer rotation(see attached).

Answer YES to save, NO to reset.

If Hoster crashes, it automatically saves the current state.

I\'m running the current version of Hoster...v6.01.05

Rarely have any crash issues with this version.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saverot.jpg (17.5 KB, 5 views)

Last edited by aznetbear; September 3rd, 2019 at 09:25 PM.
Old September 4th, 2019, 04:09 AM
Super Moderator

That is a good point Aznetbear, It could be that at some point in time he ticked the box for (Do this each time Hoster Closes) If he answered No that box would not show again and would not save the lists.

You can reset Hoster to show those messages again from Tools Menu/ General Tab/ Unhide Messages.
Show Computer: Windows 10, Dell Inspiron 15 7000, CPU I7-855OU, Ram 8GB, Graphics UHD620 + Nvidea GeForce 940MX, Hard Drive SSD 256GB + 1GB internal.
Old January 27th, 2020, 05:34 AM
Super Moderator

This thread now closed as no follow up responce.
Closed Thread

Tags
hoster, restart, rotation